chapter 17!

Brayden's POV

I was going to get answers. I didn't care what extent I had to go to find them. It was 1am and I got in my car and drove to the area that Emery was supposedly in when she went missing.

When I got there I saw Corbyn's car parked. That's weird. He's not answering his phone and his car is deserted in a suspicious location.

I walked up to his car and checked in the window to see if he was possibly in there. No one was there.

I saw a weird alley way and decided to walk there since it seems like I good place to conceal something. Maybe I could find what I'm looking for there.

As I was walking, I saw these table and chairs move along with a cement stone. Someone came out who resembled Corbyn.

Corbyn's dad. I only saw him once.

I quickly ran out of the alley and stood up against a wall, holding my breath.

He walked past me towards Corbyn's car. He took out his keys and began ripping holes into Corbyn's tires.

I wanted to stop him but I knew if he saw me I'd be in trouble. I tried to make no movements since I was in such plain sight. It was the worst possible night to wear bright blue sweatpants.

Thankfully, he walked past me again and headed back into the alley. I followed him, far behind but close enough to see where he was going.

When I looked down the hole that was under the table and chairs I see a big ladder that looks like it has no end.

I have to wait until he's all the way down the ladder or else he will see me.

I wait until I can't see him and begin to climb down. As I'm climbing my hands are blistering and become sweaty, I also feel short breathed and have to take frequent breaks.

I made it to the bottom but didn't see his dad anywhere. I walked around silently, looking for anyone or anything.

All I saw were empty rooms until I came across a cell with Corbyn and two other people.

Two of them were sleeping but Corbyn was wide awake.

I tried waving my hands in the air, hoping I would catch his eye and I eventually did.

He quickly sat up and looked at me like I was crazy.

"Why are you here?" He mouthed.

"I was looking for answers," I said.

"What answers?" He asked. He looked guilty, just as I thought.

"Like where Emery was when she was lost and why she won't tell us what really happened," I said.

"Well want to help us out of here. I can give you answers if you really want them," he said, begging.

"Sure. What do I do?" I asked.

"See that key over there?" He said pointing to the opposite side of the room.

"Yeah," I said looking in that direction.

"Go grab it and unlock the door," he said.

"That's it?" I asked.

"Yup. That's it," he said smiling.

"Oh," I said, as I walked to get it.

I opened the door and all three of them filed out rapidly.

"We don't have much time until they come back and notice we aren't here so let's hurry up," Jordan said, taking the lead.

We climbed up the ladder, faster than ever. Well I've never climbed it before but I know I would have never climbed a ladder this fast.