chapter 16!

Corbyn's POV

"Since you're not on your dads side anymore why don't you just ask her out?" Jonah asked me, stirring his sugar into his coffee.

"It's not that simple," I said watching him admire his coffee.

"Yes. It is," he said, taking a sip.

"No. It's not," I said.

"Look, you love her don't you? You even admitted it to her, yeah you were drunk but I know you still meant it," he said, making a good point.

"Yeah I do love her but I'm not so sure she loves me. Why would she? Plus, I'm only a burden, I still have some loose ends with the organization and she could still be in danger," I said.

"First of all, I can tell she loves you just by the way she looks at you and why don't you fix your problems and then ask her out," he said, reasoning.

"Yeah. That makes sense. It might be a month until I can fix everything though. I'm not sure I can wait that long. I want her to be mine. I don't think I can wait one more day," I said, looking depressed.

"Corbyn," Jonah said, looking like he was in deep thought.

"What?" I asked.

"I find it funny how guys aren't supposed to be attached but we end up falling in love, probably worse than the girl does," he said taking more sips of his coffee.

"Yeah. I'm so in love with her. It's bad," I said.

"I know bud," he said patting me on the shoulder.

"You're making fun of me aren't you?" I asked Jonah.

"No, I'm not," he said smiling.

"Yes you are," I said sadly.

"No I'm not," he said walking into his room. I could hear the smirk on his face. He was internally making fun of me.

I walked into his room after him.

"Hey Jonah can we drive to go pick up my car?" I asked him.

"Yeah, lets go," he said walking to grab his keys.

"Do you have money?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I stole my dads money. He deserves it anyways," I said.

"He does," he said, sounding pissed.

We drove to the dealership and picked up my car. Thankfully I had enough money with extra leftovers.

•••

I checked my moms tracker, and to my surprise she is in the same location. I thought she would be moved by now. Either my father is one step ahead of me, or one step behind me. I hope it's the second one.

I realized that me leaving is a sign I'm out of the organization. To leave the organization you have to finish all missions you were assigned. So I just have to kill this girl... that's all heh.

What happens if you don't follow through, you might ask. Well, you will become one of their prisoners, you'll never be free of the organization. You can try to run away but they are too intelligent, you'll end up loosing either way.

This was the last thing I wanted to do but I honestly don't have a choice.

Next week I was planning on finding the address of the girl to observe the environment and form a plan.

•••

I was glad to have my car back, yeah my legs are a lot stronger from biking and walking everywhere but it was so annoying.