chapter 5!

Brayden's POV

Sadly, it was yet another dreadful school morning.

I slipped on one of Jacks hoodies, some leggings, and tied my hair up into a messy bun.

I honestly don't care what I look like at this point.

I was pulling out of the driveway and in my rear view mirror I see Emery waving her hands aggressively.

I put the car in park and roll down my window. I'm driving her to school today, I almost forgot.

"Sorry!" I said as Emery hopped into the car.

"It's fine," she said. "Why does Jack get shotgun?"

"Because I'm better than you, duh," he said.

"Because you were late," I said ignoring Jack telling her the real answer.

"Well I call dibs on it next time," she said sticking her tongue out at Jack.

The drive to school was peaceful aside from the fact that the destination was school.

I parked and walked into the building with Emery and Jack.

Zach runs up to Emery with a big smile, hugging her and spinning her around.

"What about me?" Jack said sticking his arms out for a hug.

Zach walks over and hugs Jack.

"I just stole your man!" Jack said to Emery.

Emery laughed.

"No, no one can steal me from Emery," Zach said turning around and looking at her with loving eyes.

"Alright guys stop being so cute," I said.

It really does suck to be single.

I wish somebody loved me the way Zach loves Emery. I always feel like I'm not good enough. Not good enough for someone to love me unconditionally. Not good enough to make someone smile when saying my name. Not good enough to be girlfriend material. Not good enough.

I walked over to class, thinking of Corbyn.

I know I just met him but he never leaves my mind.

I feel bad because he saw me at Starbucks with my cousin who I haven't talked to in years. He probably thought something was going on between us.

In class I couldn't concentrate. My mind wondered off to dream world.

Without realizing it I feel asleep.

My eyes fluttered and I heard a faint noise of someone saying, "Wake up, the bell rang!" "Hello?"

I open my eyes and it's Jonah, one of Corbyn's friends.

"Oh my gosh," I said feeling embarrassed.

"Hey, you're Brayden aren't you?" He asked.

"Yeah, how did you know?" I asked looking up at him.

"I'm friends with Corbyn, he talks about you a lot," he said happily.

I pretended not to know, I may have stalked Corbyn's Instagram a bit. Technically I shouldn't know him and Jonah are best friends.

"Oh, that's cool," I said trying to sound interested.

"Well, try not to fall asleep in your next class," he said joking around, waving goodbye.

"Thanks, I'll try," I said waving.

As I was walking, thinking about eating a donut, I see Corbyn.