chapter 18!

Corbyn's POV

I woke up to Brayden laying on my chest, sound asleep. I didn't want to wake her up so I sat there, patiently, until she was awake.

"Good morning Brayden," I said smiling as she was yawning.

"Good morning," she said still laying on me.

"Did you sleep good?" I asked.

"Yeah, perfectly actually," she said.

"Good," I said.

We lay there and cuddled for a couple more minutes until we heard Jonah telling us breakfast was ready.

"Ugh. I don't want to get upp," she said, still laying down as I was standing up.

"I know but it's 11am come on," I said picking her up out of bed.

I gave her a piggy back ride to the breakfast table and sat her down on a chair.

Jonah made blueberry pancakes, they were so good.

"Good morning love birds," said Jonah sipping his coffee.

He reminds me of a mom, always drinking coffee and giving me wise advice.

"Morning mom," I said smiling at him.

He gave me the face that said cut it out.

"Speaking of moms, I get to say good morning to my real mom," I said as a got up and hugged her.

"Good morning Corbyn," she said as she hugged me back.

We all talked over breakfast. It was enjoyable but Jordan wasn't very talkative.

"Brayden, could you grab me the syrup on the kitchen counter. This bottle ran out," Jordan said to Brayden.

"Yeah sure," she said and got up.

"I'll help her," I said, since this seemed strange.

"She doesn't need help getting a stupid bottle of syrup," Jordan snapped at me.

I rolled my eyes and continued following Brayden.

I saw her staring in shock at a sticky note that said I would keep my big mouth shut if I were you. Gossiping isn't healthy.

She looked at me with a scared expression.

"It's okay I'm right here," I whispered.

I told her to go bring the syrup back to him and pretend like nothing had happened.

She did as I told her to and I grabbed the note, crumpled it up and threw it away.

I sat back down and peered my eyes at Jordan. I wasn't going to let him intimidate Brayden.

When breakfast was over I offered to wash the dishes and Jordan offered to help too.

"Stay out of my way," Jordan said through his teeth.

"I'm not afraid of you, little brother," I said with a growl.

"I warned you both. You didn't have to get involved too," Jordan said.

"If anything threatens Brayden's safety, I'm getting involved," I said, pouring soap on the sponge.

He walked away with heavy steps. It's gonna be interesting living under the same roof as him.

Brayden began collecting her things to go back home. I wish she would stay longer but I can tell Jordan made her feel uncomfortable.

"I'm leaving," she said as she walked up to me and gave me a hug.