chapter 10!

Corbyn's POV

I had finally came up with a plan to get Emery out of there. I wasn't sure if it was going to work but it had to. I needed to make sure my dad wasn't going near headquarters and also make sure to hack fake video footage onto the cameras.

I packed all my equipment that I needed to unlock the cell and left. My dad just left to go to the grocery store so I should be good for at least an hour.

I got in my car and sped off.

When I arrived I saw another car parked near mine. Hmm. That's weird.

I walked over to the same antique table that I went through last time but it was already moved out of the way. Someone else is here. I need to be extra careful.

I walked down the ladder again and made sure to take occasional breaths so I wouldn't black out like last time.

When I reached the bottom I still felt light headed and I realized it's because the oxygen level is minimal down here. I took a minute to sit and then made my way to the cells.

Before I entered the room I hacked into the cameras and made sure it showed footage with Emery in her cell and no one else there.

I ran into the room to find Emery.

She wasn't in her cell. No. No no no. No.

I'm too late.

"I'm so sorry Emery," I muttered even though I know she can't hear me. I began to walk out but then I heard quiet laughter.

I turn around and see Emery laughing in her cell. Is she always this immature?

"Seriously?" I said rolling my eyes.

"It was funny you seemed so defeated," she said laughing.

"You scared me to death. I was so worried about you," I said.

"Sorry not sorry. And get me out of here!" She said.

"Ok. Ok," I said grabbing my equipment.

I hacked into the lock and got the password for the cell. I typed it in and the gate opened. This was the hard part.

"Ok we have 8 seconds to get out of this room before the alarm sounds," I said calmly to her.

We both ran out in time and we heard the alarm.

"HEY. STOP," my dad screamed.

I thought he was getting groceries. I really can't trust him anymore.

"Go. Gooo," I screamed at Emery.

We ran as fast as we could, my dad following closely behind. I let her go up the ladder first so I would be able to protect her if anything happened. The climb up was harder than the climb down.

Emery's hand slipped and she began to lose her grip on the railing. She screamed and I grabbed her legs to steady her so she wouldn't fall.

"Hurry and get adjusted," I said struggling to hold her up and stay on the ladder.

"My dads coming hurry," I said.