A Bastards hunt (part 1)

Roman sat in his desk while cinder was sitting on the other side. Roman lit a cigar and took a puff out of it, cinder was looking over the files of potential pawns she could use, "so when do you think your boss wants this war to start?" Roman asked Cinder "very soon actually....the breach will be the first act of war, then my Mistress will show herself to the world" "what makes you think that all the Grimm will be enough to stop the other country's from attacking and killing us in one blow?" "Easy...We have two countries ready at our beck and call" Cinder said slyly "so this really is gonna be another Great War..." Roman said "no this will be the greatest war anyone has ever seen" "let's just hope we'll be alive to see the end of it" Roman said "what makes you think we'll die?" "Cause...in war nobody wins...Both sides have lost something important to them. The only ones who say they've won... are the living" Roman told Cinder, and she looked down, Cinder didn't want to lose more...She already lost the one thing that mattered to her. "Well everything should be in order. You are ready to infiltrate Beacon" Roman said getting up out of the chair "oh and you'll be having a new addition to your party" Roman told Cinder "so Neo will be coming with us" and Roman nodded his head, Cinder got up and out of the chair and left the office "do make sure everything goes according to plan tonight" Cinder said "yeah don't worry, it will, I'll get the message out before I could be stopped" Roman said and Cinder nodded and left the room. Roman sat down in his chair and took his fourth puff from the cigar, "you can come out Neo" Roman said and glass shattered and a pink and brown haired girl with two different color eyes which were also the same color as her hair, she was short and had an umbrella in her hands, this was Neopolitan, Romans partner. "Neo, I want you to stay here tonight while I'm working" Roman told her, Neo looked at him with a questioned look "I have a feeling Jaune will come for me tonight, I just have a feeling, and I know he'll defiantly be coming for me" Roman told her, then Neo began type on her scroll and then sent a text to Roman, he looked at it and it puzzled him "I know he couldn't kill you, but what's this about an Ace up your sleeve?" Roman asked Neo, but she just looked at him with a smile on her face and disappeared. Roman was now curious.

Back at Beacon, Ozpin and Glynda were waiting by the port, they saw many huge ships approach Beacon, these were ships from the Atlas military and atlas academy. One bullhead docked first and inside was the leader of the Atlas military and the headmaster of the academy, James Ironwood. James walked out with four guards behind him, "hello Oz, and its always good to see you as well Glynda" James greeted "its good to see you as well James" Glynda said with a smile "James, can we have a word in private. Now." Ozpin told him and James looked at his guards "at ease gentlemen, stay here and tell the other captains to unload what we have brought" James told them and the three teachers walked to Ozpins office.
As they entered the office, Ozpin sits in his chair, "why did you bring so many ships James?" Ozpin asked Ironwood, "what are you talking about? This is my normal fleet" James told Ozpin "yes but I noticed the ships do have some extra weaponry, what is the meaning of this?" "Its something the council of Atlas decide to put on our ships, they said it was to be ready for a potential attack" this caught Ozpin's attention, "what do you mean potential attack?" Ozpin asked, even Glynda was looking with question, James looked down and sighed then looked back at Ozpin, "a month ago, the Atlas council received a message from an unknown person, they somehow managed to breach two city's and filled them with Grimm" Glynda looked horrified as did Ozpin, "there's only one person who could do that..." Glynda said with fear in her voice, "yes, its her....and she's making her presence known....what did you do with the do city's?" Ozpin asked James "I evacuated as many people as I could, but....it was Mt. Glenn all over again...." James told him with sorrow in his voice, they all looked down in sorrow. "But that's not all she specifically called out you Oz" James said pulling out a paper and handing it to Ozpin. He took the paper and looked at it and read it out loud, "Eight brothers, but two are plotting to overthrow the other six, there will be no sword in the darkness....Sincerely Salem" Ozpin finished the letter "what does that mean? Eight brothers and two plotting to overthrow the other six?" Glynda asked "I don't know. What do you think Ozpin?" James asked looking at Ozpin, and Ozpin just sat there with a dark expression on his face "it means that she has two countries on her side...She preparing for a war..." Ozpin told them "but what countries!?" Glynda cried "I don't know... But we should all be ready for this...." "You should bring back Qrow and I'll bring Winter, call Tai as well he's involved as much as we are" James told them "yes we will but Qrow is on a mission in Vacuo while Tai is in Lantis working on a small job, so it will take awhile them awhile to get here. How fast can winter get here?" Ozpin asked James "she's still in Atlas so I could call her and shell come quickly" "good" "Oz, we should inform Leonardo as well!" Glynda told Ozpin "no. One of my spies told me that he's been acting strange, not to mention a certain mad scientist has been seen with him in his office" "so its possible that he has betrayed us...." Ozpin said with a sigh. "Oz, I heard that you found another person to take over Ambers place...May I ask who?" "I'll tell you later but I found something better then the next fall maiden" "and what's that?" James asked "I found our sword in the darkness" Ozpin said, James looked bewildered and was shocked as well, "you found one of the kings great great grandchildren!? Who!?" James asked "Jaune Black" "you mean Jonathan's bastard son? But Jonathan can't be related to to the kings line!? He's an Arc, unless- " "unless his mother is not just some women, but the princess" Ozpin said. "So what do we do now?" Glynda asked, "let's work on a plan to defend both vale and Beacon from a large scale attack from Salem's new army" Ozpin said and they agreed and decide to work on a plan.

Blake and her team were in their room getting ready to head out to vale, "so everyone got the plan?" Ruby asked "me and you will investigate to see any current robberies that the white fang could be involved in" Weiss said "I'll go see if Junior or the twins know where Roman is holding up" Vernal said "me and Yang will look to see is any of the white fang are staying some where for recruitments" Blake said, "good plan but also not a good idea" said a voice they were all startled and looked at door to see Jaune standing there "jaune what are you doing here?" Ruby asked "I overhead you guys about finding info about Roman and the white fang, I'll help and so will they" Jaune said pointing at the window, everyone looked to see both Sun and Neptune hanging off a tree branch "hey guys!" Sun said "great...More people to join our hunt" Yang said rolling her eyes "looks like were all going to be doing some hero stuff!" Sun chuckled, "so let's rework this plan" Jaune said and they all walked in the room and closed the door.

Alright! It was actually hard writing this chapter because I had to figure out how to add the threats of war and how it would be hinted at by Ozpin and Co. Pluse I needed to think about two certain charters death as well, so yeah...