The Two Bastards and the Thief

It was the day of the Vytal sports Festival ball. Jaune was getting dressed in his team room along with Ren, "Jaune, which one looks better? pink or blue?" Ren asked Jaune "pink, it suits you" "good I was thinking the same" Ren said walking in the bathroom and putting on the tie, "Ren should I go with Atlas Snow or Menagerie Mist?" Jaune asked holding two bottles of perfume "let me smell" Ren said and Jaune sprayed the two perfume's and Ren took a whiff of each "Menagerie Mist for sure, it smells like a forest near an ocean" "thanks bud" Jaune said spraying the perfume on himself. They were both ready for the dance, then both Pyrrha and Nora walked in wearing their ball dresses "you two are looking stunning" Jaune told the two "aw! Thanks Jauney!" Nora said giving him a bear hug that could break and Ursas back, "Nora! Can't breath!" Jaune cried "oh! Sorry!" Nora said letting go of Jaune, then they heard two loud crashes coming from across their sister teams room, they opened the door to see both Yang and Ruby closing the door in a hurry "h-hey Jaune! How are you this wonderful morning?" Ruby asked "Its night" "well how are you this wonderful night?" Yang replied for Ruby "what's going on you two?" Jaune asked "well...Um Vernal got her dress today and she wanted to surprise you at the dance tonight!" Ruby cried "oh! Cool! By the way how did you convince her to wear a dress? She always told me she would hate being in one" Jaune asked "well..." Ruby began "Let's just say a certain fashionista "helped" her" Yang finished, he knew they were talking about Coco Adel, she was one of Velvets teammates, "cool! so is team CFVY going to the ball?" Jaune asked "yeah though Velv's going with a kid from Haven academy while Coco's going with Fox" Yang told him "nice, let's just hope Fox can survive the night" Jaune chuckled nervously, both team RWBBY and JNPR knew how the leader of team CFVY was, and trust them when they said if she ever asked you for a favor, you should run.

Both teams had gotten to know CFVY thanks to Jaune helping out Velvet with Cardin, they would visit from time to time but not hang out all the time. Jaune and Ren got together well with both Fox and Yatsuhashi, Jaune and Fox were both skilled fighters and they both loved X-Ray and Vav comics, while both Ren and Yatsu were very calm and similar. They would hang out when each of them needed time away from their teams. Jane would take them to Junior's. Jaune was still concerned about both Junior and Militia, Melanie's funeral was two days from now, they both acted fine but Jaune knew them both and he also knew that things weren't going to be the same....Junior was looking for whoever Roman was working for and then he was looking for whoever they were working for. Militia has been asking Yang for training in hand to hand combat. While she asked Ren how she could unlock her semblance, she also asked Jaune about fighting with a short sword or at least a knife. Jaune knew she wanted to get Revenge on those who hired Roman. And he wanted to do the same.
Jaune walked down the halls to see if he could help set anything else up just in case. Thats when the two pumped into each other, Jaune Black the Bastard son of Jonathan Arc had clashed heads with Mercury Black the Bastard son of Charles Grey, "sorry man, wasn't looking where I was going" Mercury said "nah! Its fine I wasn't either" Jaune told him, Mercury got up and then helped Jaune up, "the names Jaune Black" Jaune said holding out a hand for a shake "Mercury Black" Mercury replied back shaking Jaune's hand, Jaune found it weird someone had the same last name as him, unless... "I don't mean to sound rude or anything but Your last name....are you Bastard child?" "Yeah, my fathers name was Charles Grey, are you a Bastard kid as well?" Mercury asked "yeah, I'm the Bastard son of Jonathan Arc" Jaune told him, "well hey, guess we're both two Bastards who just ran into each other" "yeah, you heading to the ball?" "No, my date wanted me to come and get her out of her team room" "real gentlemen huh?" "Yeah...You could say that...." Mercury said with a blush "so what's the lucky lady's name?" Jaune asked with an eyebrow raised "well her names-" Mercury said but then a green haired girl walked up to Mercury, "Merc I thought you were going to help out your date" Emerald said but then she looked to see who Mercury was talking to, it was Jaune, she froze stiff, Jaune then looked at her and immediately knew who she was...."Emerald?" Jaune asked.