Darkness is Here Pt.1

Qrow, still shivering, walks through the dark passageway, passing many soldiers. He emerges in the courtyard, which is full of activity in spite of the darkness. Men chatter as they prepare. He stops short, cut off by Atlas bots, marching double time.

"Look to the wall! Look to the wall!" Cried Ilia, Commanding some Southern Soldiers

Qrow walked past them and then looked to see Sage ready to lead soldiers in the charge of the dead. 

"Get down to the Basement!" Cried a soldier

Carolina Church appears behind him, directing her men. He then walks past Cinder, then leaves. Arslan walks somberly through the busy courtyard. She picks up a bag and slings it over her shoulder. Oscar walks past with Velvet next to him.  Arslan pushed by Neptune, who held a dust rifle in his hands and his sword to his side. Warmed by their fires, men stand in anticipation, eyes scanning the darkness. Ruby delivers a bucket of Clips and strings of bullets for guns. Joan stare's into the darkness. She looks worried. Her eyes turn upwards in response to hearing Raven's screech. The two Dragons fly overhead.

A company of Branwen warriors double march to join the formation. The entire Tribe stands at attention in disciplined rows and columns. Ahead of them stands a line of Dust Canons and mounted machine guns by their side. A large amount of Atlas Soldiers line up with warthogs, and Motor-cycle, they are now waiting, Guns aimed forward to the South.

The southern men also stand at the ready, fronted by Ilia and Oscar. Arslan stands in command of the Xiao-long army. Mercury and Sienna lead the White-Fang force. The Whitley and Penny push their way to the front to join them. Cinder readies her Maiden powers. A nervous Sun arrives next to Neptune. Winter looks over the walls of Arktown.

Neptune looks over to Sun, "You took your time" Neptune told him

Sun nodded, "Ruby made me promise to see this through alive, she wouldn't let me go until I did" Sun replied

Qrow mounted a motorcycle and waits, seasoned and determined. The wind blows and the darkness reveals nothing.

Jaune walks by Raven and Dia. They growl. He joins Yang to survey the great army that waits in front of Arktown. The moon shines through the clouds above.

Weiss joins Joan as they see the Branwen tribe in the warthogs and motorcycle, lead by Qrow, start their engines and begin to drive forward, yelling wildly. Weiss and Joan exchange a look.

Yang and Jaune watch the charge. The Branwen charge pulls far away from the rest of the forces. Atlas soldiers load the dust bullets into the Mounted machine guns and Dust canons. They shot the dust canons like meteors over the heads of the charging Branwen. Qrow rides among the Branwen. The snarls of the undead army precede them. Suddenly the two armies are upon one another, the ferocious undead emerging from the darkness, massive in size and in numbers. the Branwen tribe is surprised by their sudden confrontation with ghoulish Faunas elephant giants.

Yang and Jaune watch the Tribe swarm around their darkened foes. Giant shots of fire dust continue to rain down, landing just beyond the mounted fighters. Yang's eyes are wide in horror

Whitley looks to the soldier's firing the mounted guns, "Cease fire! Cease fire!" Whitley ordered

Slowly the guns and canons stop and the fire dwindles until most are extinguished. The distance sound of battle gives way to the whistling wind. Arslan, Neptune and Sun look on. The lights become sparser still. Penny squints to make out the movements in the dark. Then the last of the fires disappear. Ilia and Oscar exchange a worried look. Roman scans the horizon. An eerie quiet takes hold, save for the sound of the wind. Mercury ponders. Weiss and Joan watch silently. The wind carries the sound of a few motors. Arslan listens. Ilia watches for more signs of the Branwen tribe. Oscar looks on nervous. A warthog rides past them all with three men in it. Sun is beginning to feel scared as they begin t hear nothing again. Five Branwen women run past, retreating on foot, followed by Qrow rides from the darkness along with more Branwen soldiers. Sienna and Mercury looks carefully at Qrow for more information. He is exhausted and hopeless, eyes unfocussed.

Yang is horrified. She turns to find her dragons and help her people. Jaune grabs her arm and stops her, reminding her of the plan.

"The Dark Brother is coming. We need to wait, Yang" Jaune told her

Yang shrugs off his grip. She looks Jaune in the eye, "The dead are already here! we need to help now" Yang told him

She walks back to mount Raven. The dragon roars and take's off...