Darkness is Here pt.4

The Dark Brother arrived at the walls with Tai and shot flames upon the side of Arktown, Destroying some mounted guns and blasting buildings apart, he then flys to the front and hovers in the air, however, the glow of the flaming trench alerts Yang and her fly back to Arktown. The Dark Brother sensing this, flys away and waits for her later. Ilia and Winter watch as Yang directs Raven to incinerate a swath of undead beyond the flaming trench. Some Hybrids squirm and crawl out of the trench, engulfed in flames. Menagerie soldiers march past Oscar, Whitley, Sienna, and Mercury, who fight to catch their breath. Ilia looks beyond the wall of flame, She sees the Hybrids motionless and staring. Winter looks to see this too.

"what the hell are they doing?" Ilia asked herself

The Hybrid army stands motionless behind the flaming trench. One Hybrid steps calmly forward into the trench, falling forward. Then another joins him, and another still. They pile on top of one another at a quickening pace. Ilia watches as the Hybrids sacrifice themselves, one by one. He realizes that they are forming a bridge of corpses. Other groups of Hybrids tumble into the trench, building other pathways with their bodies. Ilia and Winter watch in horror and Ilia turns to the mounted guns

"Man the walls!" Winter cried

The first wave of undead forge across the corpse bridge. Soldiers hustle to obey the command. Sage looks up, then moves to action. Flynt grabs Neon and they head to help their friends and drags him towards the battle.

Soldiers fire arrows at the approaching ghouls. The undead pours across the corpse bridge and begins to attack the walls.

Jaune watches the onslaught as the Hybrid army restarts their siege. Hearing flapping above, he looks upwards and sees the reanimated corpse of Tai hovering, with the Dark brother riding him. Tai lets out a shriek, and Jaune spurs Dia and they fly.

The undead reaches the exterior wall of Winterfell and pressed themselves against in, en masse. Flaming arrows zip down from the ramparts.

"They're against the wall!" Cried a soldier

Flynt and Neon sprint through the yard. Sage runs up the stairs to the ramparts, ushering soldiers to take a position. The three made it atop and looked down at the horde. They are piling on top of one another, creating a ramp for others to ascend to the top of the wall. They snarl and scramble with relentless energy.  The three stand ready to kill as the Hybrids they crest the wall. Neon takes deep breaths as he looks down, wide-eyed, at the relentless ghouls. The undead climb and strain. They are approaching the top of the wall. The highest Hybrid grabs a chain and pulls itself over the wall. 

Neon cleaves him in two with a mighty swing, she stabs another in the face, and it topples away with a high pitched shriek. Soldiers grunt as they slay the climbing Hybrids, one by one. Oscar, Ilia, Whitley, and Winter defend their perches. A Hybrid successfully leaps onto the wall and tackles a soldier. Sage dispatches it with a left-handed swing. The undead start to overwhelm the defense, crawling their way onto the wall. Cinder does her best to battle them back. One soldier gets pulled over the wall and tumbles into the undead mass below. Cinder is stabbed in the back, she turns around and burns her attackers, she is then stabbed again and she falls, Cinder thinks about the last woman she had seen as the Hybrids stab her again and she dies...