Love is the Death of Duty

Jaune was in his Tent wondering what he should do. How would he deal with Blake. He didn't know. He just didn't know. Thats when a knock came at the door and in walked Kali.

"Your majesty? What are you doing here?"

Kali looked at him sadly, "Jaune, just Kali for now"

Jaune nodded, Kali sat down and looked at him

"Im here to ask you to do something. And what I'm asking is a terrible thing. Something a mother should never ask" Kali said "but it's also the right thing"

Jaune saw looked at her and saw the tears begin to form.

"You have to kill Blake"

Jaune was shocked. Kali had just asked him to kill her daughter.

"I know you love her, but if you were in her shoes would you have done what she did to you?" she asked

Jaune lowered his head, "I don't know"

"Yes, you do. You've always tried to do the right thing, no matter the cost" Kali told him

A tear rolled down her eye and she whipped it away.

"Love is the death of duty" Jaune said "it's something I once heard..."

Kali nodded and looked to Jaune "Sometimes duty is the death of love" he replied "You've tried to protect your friends, but Who's the greatest threat to them now?"

Jaune looked at her. A tear fell from his face.

Jaune walks away from the tent and to the end of the camping ground that is lined by Blue Fang soldiers as well as all of his friends. 

Jaune walks past the guard towers near Fort Petra. The piles of rubble still there from the attack on the wall. the destuction was still there. It would always be there. now and always.

Blake sat behind the crates still thinking about what she had done and what she was going to do and what would happen to her. She then heard the gates opened and she grabbed the grenade.

"GO AWAY! I'LL BLOW IT UP!" Blake cried

"Blake..." Jaune said

Blake emerges from behind the crates. He walks towards her.

"no...no...NO! Your not real! Stay Away!" Blake cried

"Blake... it's me, I promise" Jaune replied

She moves away from the creates to meet him. She's right in front of him and slowly rises her hand to his face to feel his. she softly touches his cheek softly and relizes it really is Jaune. she smiles. Happy to see him alive but still hurt for what she did.

"When I was a girl, about the age of 7, I always wanted to be a Queen, like my mother, and I would always wonder if I would find myself a King" Blake told him

"Blake--" Jaune began

"and when we did it, out beyond the wall, I knew, I just knew I wanted you to be my King, Because you are someone who saw the world for what it was. Just like me. I wanted to create a world with you" Blake said

"Please Blake, don't do this" Jaune said

"I realized we can't hide behind small deeds. The world we need won't be built by men loyal to the world we have" Blake told him "we need to them to be loyal to Change"

"The world we need is a world of mercy and forgivness" Jaune told her "It has to be" Jaune begged choking on tears.

Blake comes closer, hopeful and bright. "And it will be. It's not easy to see something that's never been before. A good world" Blake tells him

"I forgive you Blake for what you did. I understand. But Blake... can you forgive me? with Emerald? and with Cinder?" Jaune asked

Blake didn't answer him

"Can you forgive me?" Jaune asked again

"I can't, I just can't Jaune..." Blake replied "I don't know if I can forgive you. but My world could. our world!" Blake told him

"How do you know? How do you know it'll be good?" Jaune asked

"Because I know what is good. And so do you" Blake told him

"I don't..." Jaune told her and looked away

"You do" Blake told him and made him look at her "You do. You've always known"

"What about everyone else?" Jaune asked "All the other people who think they know what's good?" Jaune asked "what we do about them?" Jaune asked

Blake smiled "They don't get to choose"

Jaune looked at her and his heart broke. Blake kisses Jaune again, and she held Jaune and looked at him again.

"Be with me. Build the new world with me. This is our reason. It has been from the beginning, since you were a little boy with a bastard's name and I was a little girl fighting for faunas rights. We do it together!" Blake cried

Jaune still looked away and then back to her. He knew what needed to be done. Now and Always.

Jaune wrapped his arms around Blake and looked her in the eyes.

"Will you be my King Jaune? Now and Always?" Blake asked

"You are my Queen" Jaune told her "Now and Always" Jaune said

They kiss, passionately. Jaune's right arm thrusts as they kiss. He grunts as his blade pierces Blake through her heart. Their lips part. Panting, Blake looks down at the blade in her torso, then up into Jaune's eyes. They both pant and gasp. Blake falls back and Jaune, holding her up with both arms. Her eyes glaze in pain and disbelief. She takes shallow breaths as trails of blood run from her mouth. She dies. Jaune exhales sharply and begins to weep. for his third fallen love.

Jaune cradles her dead body, he picks up her limp, dead body in his arms and walks out of Fort Petra. Blue Fang soldiers walked past him, and he walked past them. he carried the Body of Blake until he reaches the camp. but before he could enter the campground he fell to his knees and cried. He cried his eyes out. he cried until his voice was gone. he cried. he never lied to Blake.

She was his Queen.

Now and Always....

A/N: In the earlier chapters when Jaune was going to confess his past, Vernal said that she would love Jaune Now and Always so yeah also another tie to Jaune losing Vernal.