Darkness is Here pt.6

Whitley, Neo, Lyanna, and Roman walk through a dark hallway of a guard tower. Lyanna's flaming sword lights the way. Hybrid snarls can be heard in the distance. They approach each corner with great caution. A door at the end of the hallway crashes down and two figures fall to the floor. they see a Hybrid stabbing a Gguard as more and more join in. Lyanna and Roman begin to Fight with the Hybrids that pour into the hallway as Whitley pulls Neo to her feet. suddently, a Hybrid stabs the arm and another stabs it in his hand, Lyanna looks to see Roman and kills the two Hybrids, but she is then stabbed on both shoulders and she falls to the ground, Roman weakly lifts his hands up in pain and shoots the Hybrid off.

"You guys ok!?" Whitley cried

Lyanna shook her head, "we need some place to hide until we can heal" She told him

and without warning, a hybrid stabbs Roamn in the ankle and he grunts in pain. Lyanna slams her foot on the arm of the Hybrid, breaking it off and she put's Roman's arm over her shoulder and they begin to limp away with Whitley and Neo. they hear more growling and look to see more Hybrids run after them

"RUN!" Roman cries

Whitley runs the best he can with Neo on his back. The slow-moving Roman and Lyanna, kick and fight with the Hybrids who catch up to them. Whitley turns down a hallway to see a room, he runs to it with Roman and Lyanna slowly behind them, they are still killing Hybrids as they limp away, but more and more begin to pile in the hall.

"Go Inside! NOW!" Roman cries

He stops to hold off the advancing undead. Lyanna looks back with dismay.

Attracted to the sounds of battle, more Hybrids shamble from many passages. Lyanna pulls Roman behind her, She surges ahead to pin a wight against the wall, It stabs her in the gut and Other Hybrids crash into her. Roman picks up his cane and comes to her aid. A mass of undead hustling down the hallway. The two begin to retreat back to Whitley and Neo.

"We've gotta go!" Roman cried

However, Lyanna falls and Roman falls with her as the Hybrids run at them, However Whitley, using his Glyphs, picked up Lyanna and Roman and ran them back to the room. Whitley then moved a shelf in front of a door. They sit down as the Hybrids bang in the door and then chopping at the door. The four wait in despair.

everyone in the middle of town hears the Hybrids snarling in the distance. Everyone readies their weapons. Maria sits by the three relics with a moonstone dagger in hand.

"Here they come!" Ruby cries "Make every shot count!"

Shadows move among the trees. The snarling grows louder and the Hybrids charge out of the woods, frenzied and in great numbers.

Arktown, Still surrounded by a moat of fire, continue to burn where Raven and Dia laid waste to the undead. The Dark Brother and Tai swoop down. The dragon breathes a powerful Purple flame that destroys a great turret of the city wall and they speed across. The Dark Brother looks backwards to savor the damage, allowing Jaune and Dia to intercept them. Dia manages to grab Tai and clutches Tai in her claws, and the two dragons engage in a mid-air melee of claws and fangs

Ruby and the other teams unleash bullets and swings at the charging Hybrids. Just above them, Dia and the undead Tai battle, flying jerkily towards the ground. They bite and rake one another with massive claws, slicing great wounds into each other. Tai clamps his jaws on the neck of Dia and sinks his teeth in. Jaune struggles to hold on, as The Dark Brother readies a javelin. Tai rips his jaws away, purple flame boiling in his mouth. He bites at Jaune, who twists to evade the massive jaws. Plumes of purple flames puff from Tai as the dragon continues to snap and bite. Entangled, the dragons spiral downward. Then Yang and Raven sweeps in, taking Tai in his claws as she flew past. The Dark Brother falls from his perch atop the dragon and plummets to the ground. Jaune with Dia, still spiraling out of control holds onto Dia for dear life. Raven chomps deeply into the neck of the undead Tai with a crunch. Meanwhile, Dia reaches the ground with incredible and tries to transition from flying to running but the velocity is too great, and the dragon ends up sliding on its belly, throwing Jaune to the ground.

Jaune tumbles to the ground hitting a couple of rock and broken rocks and metal. he slowly gets up, but he feels pain on his ribs and sees a small wooden spike in his thigh. He gathers himself, groaning and panting and he hears Raven and Tai roar above him. he goes back to check on Dia.

The courtyard is filled with piles of bodies. Mercury, Sienna, and Qrow fight on. Sage kills more and more that try to hurt him and his men, he hears Raven roar above them, He feels drawn up and looks to Yang.

Raven hovers above Arktown. Yang looks down at The Dark Brother. He stands in a field below them, looking up and seemingly unharmed by his fall.

Yang looks at him in anger,

"BURN HIM!!!" Yang cried

Reven Unleshes forth a blast of flame that envelops The Dark Brother. She looks down with Anger as Raven Continues. Just below them, Jaune limps towards the Flames. Raven then ceases her attack and Yang watches the fire dissipate below her. Jaune gets as close as the heat will let him. The flames start to clear, revealing the Dark Brother, confident, unhurt and unphased. He stares up to Yang, smirking at his invulnerability, both Yang and Jaune are stunned. The Dark Brother creates a javelin beside him. Yang immediately spurs her dragon to flee. The Dark Brother throws the javelin, which misses by inches as they turn and fly away.

Satisfied, The Dark Brother strides through the smoldering and burning ground towards Arktown. Jaune sees this and draws Croceas Mors and runs after Him. The Dark Brother walks calmly toward his target. Alerted by Jaune's footsteps, the Dark Brother turns to see him. Jaune pauses as The Dark Brother plants his feet and spreads his hands, beginning what Jaune had feared. Jaune ran faster, however, he has too much ground to cover. The eyes of the undead soldiers between them begin to open, their eyes turning the color of Grimm. Still fifty yards away, the slain soldiers sit up, then stand. Jaune gets within ten yards of the Dark Brother before the newly risen Hybrids block his progress completely. Jaune looks behind him to see soldiers resurrected as undead warriors.

Mercury, Sienna, and Arslan continue to fight the undead, yelling and grunting as they dispatch their foes. they pause, as the slain soldiers around them rise to their feet. Flynt pants for breath as the new undead rise in near silence. Winter and Qrow look on in horror. Nearby, Oscar and Velvet with Neptune and Sun do the same. The wind whistles and the undead clumsily take their feet. Nearby, the eyes of Neon Katt, Cinder Fall, Penny Polendina, Kali Belladonna, and Carolina church begin to pop open, showing red irises, both piercing and lifeless.

The Dark Brother stands motionless and menacing. Jaune gasps for breath as The Dark Brother turns his back to him and walks away. Meanwhile, the crowd of the undead closes in slowly around Jaune. With no other option, he hacks at the undead that surrounds him... but he can't fight them all.

The Hybrid Cinder attacks Qrow, with her new sharp nails, She stabbed him in the ribs, but Winter stabs her in the head. Kali approaches Ilia, who is stunned to see her in such a state, but Ilia takes a breath and attacks what was once her queen. Penny makes her way to Oscar and Velvet who looked horrified, Neptune shot at her and she was set ablaze. Neon limped her way to Flynt, who cried as he had seen her, With no other choice, he stabbed her in the head. ending her suffering. But that wasn't the only undead the Dark Brother brought back. The Buried in the basement begins to rise to, Including the corpse of Lie Ren. They begin to break their coffins and the residents of the basement look on in fear...

A/N: for those of you who are wondering how Penny came back as a hybrid was because she has a soul, The Brother brings back the Soul but erases there Memories and feelings as well as logic and free will.