Qrow...

Yang lays down the Grimm figure on the war map.

"We will storm the city, my queen. We will kill your enemies. All of them"  Neptune said

"It'll be another 3 or 4 hours before Jaune and his men arrive. In the meantime, demand that Salem surrender. Offer her her life in exchange for the throne. If there's a chance to avoid the coming slaughter, we should make the effort" Arslan told Yang

"Speaking to her won't prevent a slaughter" Yang replied "But maybe it's good the people see that I made an effort to avoid a battle, and Salem refused. They will know who to blame when the sky falls down on them"

Yang and Neptune exit the room and Arslan just looks down in sadness, as do Whitley and Neo.

Yang, Neptune, Whitley, and Neo stand in front of the walls and the gate into Vale. Atop the gate, Salem, Watts, and Peter Port look down upon them. Qrow and Weiss stand with them, bound and very scared. They are flanked by a long line of Dragonslayers, loaded, manned and ready. The small company of soldiers on Yang's side is vastly outnumbered by the mounted guns and soldiers of the Vale army.

The gate rattles and Port walks out. Yang and Neptune step forward to meet him. They come together half-way.

"Ms. Xiao-Ling" Port greeted

"Professor," Yang said with anger in her voice

"Queen Yang demands Salem's unconditional surrender and the immediate release of Qrow Branwen and Weiss Schnee

"Queen Salem demands Yang's unconditional surrender" Port replied "If she refuses... One of them will die... here and now" Port said with a bit of sadness

"She was your student" Yang cried "your student! and you would let her die!" Yang cried to him once more

Port looked down, "we all have to do things we don't like" Port sighed

Yang's eyes turned red, "then I hope to see you dead when the battle begins professor," Yang said.

Port looks up to Salem and Watts and nods before leaving. Salem looks at Yang and smiles. She looks down at her as Yang looks at her with her red eyes, glowing with more hatred then her friends have ever seen.

"You have made your choice, Yang Xiao-Long" Salem announced "I hope you're ready to live with it"

Salem nodded to Watts who brought up Qrow and put him on his knees while looking at his niece.

"If you have any last words, now is the time," Salem told him

Qrow looked down to Whitley and Yang, "Be a good Queen Firecracker, make all of team STRQ proud, and Whitley tell your sister her dad loves her and that I wished I had watched her grow up, that I wish I could have been her dad for all my life" Qrow said with sobbing following him.

Horror and disbelief appeared on the faces of Yang and Whitley. Salem smiles as she looks to the Watts, who steps forward, drawing a hard-light dust sword (think of Velvets weapon and a lightsaber mixed). Watts raised his sword in the air...

"guess my luck finally caught up with me..." Qrow said to himself softly

and Watts brought the sword down and sliced through Qrow's neck. His head and body fell from the top of the gate to the ground below. Yang turns away, unable to watch. Her face twitches and she begins to breathe raggedly. Atop the wall, Salem looks down, satisfied. Weiss softly cries as she looks down at Neptune for help.