The Battle of Vale Pt.3

Raven unleashes her fire on the palace, decimating the surrounding buildings around it and consuming the soldiers. Buildings collapse under the inferno, and soldiers disappear as the raging fire consumes them. Arslan breathes shakily as she watches helplessly.

JON watches from afar. The Vale soldiers turn at the sounds of destruction, Winter breathes deeply, cold vengeance in her eyes. At the back of the battalion, an eruption of flames destroys a building and sends soldiers scattering, Winter begins to ready her saber to attack. The leader of the soldiers spins quickly to face Winter and Jaune, knowing the terms of surrender have been breached. Before Jaune can speak, Winter charges with her saber and stabs it through the man's chest and he falls, dead. Jaune's attention snaps to the ground in front of him, he hesitates, but Arc men act first, screaming a battle cry as they launch themselves at the Vale soldiers. Jaune is frozen, as his men begin to decimate the soldiers, Jaune then comes to his senses. He grabs the man closest to him and pulls him back.

"No! Get back! Get back!" Jaune cried to his men

The Arc soldiers pour around him as he manages to stop a handful. Winter turns her head toward Jaune, staring with a look of fierce disapproval. However, the Arc men begin to run more into the battle

"NO! Don't! Get back! Don't fight! they surrendered!" Jaune cried

Both Flynt and Neo help Jaune to stop his army, their efforts are fruitless. Winter stares coldly at them. Vale soldiers attack Jaune and he is forced into battle. Winter turns to join the fray. Jaune defends and attacks the Vale soldiers coming at him, realizing he has no other choice but to fight. The Vale soldiers are overwhelmed by the invading army. Winter attacks with brutality and rage, letting forth an uncharacteristic scream. Her eyes are filled with hatred.

Raven still lays waste to the palace, trying to bring it down onto Salem's head.

Jaune shambles forward, helpless to stop the carnage. The Arc Soldiers continue to sack the city. He is overwhelmed by the wild carnage and his inability to stop it. He snaps to as he sees one Arc soldier drag a Vale woman soldier into an alley to rape her. The woman falls to the ground and tries to crawl away. The soldier continues his assault. Suddenly, Jaune grabs him from behind and pulls him off the woman, holding the soldier against the wall with his left hand and brandishing his sword. The soldier is surprised and confused. They exchange a look. The soldier looks at his intended victim and becomes defiant. Jaune stabs the soldier, and he collapses to the ground. Jaune then looked to the female Vale soldier

"Find somewhere to hide," He told her

The woman flees. Jaune reels his head back and catches his breath.

Salem continues to watch as Raven keeps trying to burn down the palace. The mighty dragon flies directly towards the keep. Below, the soldiers run in fear. Raven then sets fire to a palace tower, Finally destroying part of the palace.

Neptune reaches part of the sewer where it leads to a beach right behind the palace. A row-boat sits on the shore, just as Arsan promised. He starts to walk into the cave secret entrance but is stopped by a voice behind him.

"Dragonslayer" came a voice

Neptune turns to see an exhausted Arthur Watts walk his way onto the beach, and he spits out some seawater.

"you hear that? That's the sound of a city dying. It's over" Watts told him

"for you maybe, but I still need to get in there," Neptune told him

Neptune starts to leave, but Watts draws his hard-light dust sword behind him.

"It may be over but I still have a job to protect Salem and get her out of here," Watts said