Darkness is Here pt.5

Hybrids begin pouring across the flaming trench. There is no end in sight to the Grimmified dead. The Living army, or what remains of it, shoot and stab the undead as they hiss and growl and they crawl over one another with unflagging battle lust.

Sage looks to see a climbing Hybrids on a empty side of the wall, he slices it, hitting it to the floor. He looks to see the Hybrids completely Overwhelm the wall defenses and sees more coming up

"They're coming up!" He cried "get away from the walls!"

Whitley struggles with two Hybrids, while Ilia goes on a mighty charge across the wall, sending bodies, beams, and snow tumbling to the courtyard below. Whitley struggling with the two hybrids is then saved as Ilia finally reaches him, and liberates him from his captors. They fight side by side.

"Look out!" Whitley cried

He pushed her aside and slays they Hyrbid about to attack Ilia from behind. Ilia takes down another cresting the wall. Qrow fights for breath, recovering from the ferocious battle. A growl makes him look up, just in time to see a Hybrid that leaps down onto him. They struggle, and another Hybrid joins in. before they could kill him they are taken out by two clawed hands, they fall dead and looks to see Velvet has saved him

"you alright!?" She asked

Qrow takes a deep breath before nodding, "I'm fine" he replies

The two then make their way to the wall to help.

Just beyond, the Hybrids break through the wooden rail as they leap down into the courtyard below. The battle commences in the courtyard as Hybrids pour down from above. They overwhelm the soldiers once again. Some mindlessly impale themselves on the stakes of the defensive soldiers. Soldiers in the courtyard fight back while archers above unleash flaming arrows into the courtyard. Neo, Lyanna, and Roman join the fray, Weapons in hand. However, more pour into the courtyard faster than the soldiers can dispatch them.

Velvet uses her claws to slice the head off of a Hybrids as charges. She runs down the walkway and slashes another, she expertly counters and gores a few more, she fights her way up a stairway, dispatching Hybrids with skill.

Sun fights on and notices Neptune shuddering in the corner, He kills a Hybrids charging at his friend and then turns back to him

"Neptune! Neptune!" Sun cried

Neptune hyperventilates in his trance-like state.

Velvet continues her assault and meets up with Oscar. She spins, strikes, blocks, and kicks, destroying Hybrids left and right. She looks back at Oscar, who marvels at her skill.

Moonstone bullets rain down as more Hybrids rush the wall.

the Hybrids leap into the yard, tackling anyone they could. As Neon takes a look at the battle, a wooden gate behind her explodes into shards. A Grimmified Elephant Faunas stand there, bigger than any human and other faunas there. It charges at Neon and bats her away. She lets out a sharp scream as she crashes into the corner of the wall.

A horde blocks the stairway below Velvet. With no other recourse, she leaps, tumbling on top of the undead before taking a hard landing below them, Oscar follows as they dodge the attack of a Hybrid and scurried away on all fours. As they tried to exit the stairwell, they are pushed into a wall, Velvet hitting her head. Oscar noticed she was a little dizzy and grabbed her hand. still dazed, she regains her feet as more Hybrids attack.

The undead Elephant Faunas swings its mighty club back and forth, sending soldiers flying across the courtyard. Some land on the spikes, impaled on impact. cradling her stomach, Neon struggles to find her feet. The undead giant unleashes a devastating blow that sends a clutch of men flying through the air.