The Battle For Vale Pt.1

The camp is busy as the forces prepare for the battle ahead. Jaune, Ilia, and Flynt pause a few yards from the shore. approaching them is Arslan.

"She wants to attack now, your thoughts?" Arslan asked him

"Whenever she's ready, I'll fight," Jaune told her

Arslan nodded and walked away. Jaune, Ilia, and Flynt turned to talk with some soldiers about the plan of breaching the Wall of Vale. Arslan continues to walk and head to Yang's tent but she is then stopped by Neptune

"Arslan... I need to ask you a favor" Neptune told her

Arslan sighed "I'm not gonna like this favor, am I?"

Neptune nodded

It is a quiet and beautiful morning. The Fleet of airships and battleships sits in silence. The Dragon-slayers are fully manned as they wait for the battle to commence. Watts strides to the foredeck of his ship while the soldiers behind him load the mounted guns and Dragon-slayers. His eyes scan the far distance, looking for a sign of enemy forces.

"Be Alert!" Watt's ordered

within the walls of Vale city, a stream of citizens rushes back into their houses as Vale soldiers march double time in the opposite direction. citizens close their windows and the people below take shelter in their homes, one man grabs his wife and picked up his child. In a doorway, A woman soothes her infant as the crowd hurries past and her daughters carry their belongings inside. Inside the city, Neptune was cloaked to hide his face and he looks around to make sure he's not being followed. The Wolf Company march out of the city in their warthogs. and they stand at attention. Some of their faces betray their trepidation at the battle to come. Port's eyes are fixed on the distance, where he can clearly see the Arc forces stretch across the gate. The battered and snarling Arc Soldiers are crowded together. Behind them, the Xiao-Long army and the Atlas Military stand ready. Behind them stands Jaune, Flynt, Ilia, Arslan, and Winter. Whitely and Neo join them with a very important message.

"If you hear the bells ring, they've surrendered. Call off the men" Neo told them

they all nod and wait for the signal.

From her palace, Salem walks to the window and surveys the city. In the far distance is the wall where her loyal forces are stationed and the great plain beyond where the Enemy forces wait. Behind her are some soldiers and a guarded Weiss stand.

Masses of the city continue to move through courtyards, gates, and walls to find any sort of protection. The crowd chatters as they churn towards the gate. Among them, Neptune becomes frustrated at the slow pace. He brushes past many people and makes his way to the palace

The shouts of the people have reached Salem's ears. She looks down, soberly.

Watt's paces while his men look to the sky. Something in the sun catches his eye, and he shields his eyes as he looks directly at it, and then Raven emerges from the blinding sun, diving through the sky towards the fleet. The Ships react to the attack.

"FIRE! FIRE!" Watt's cried

The soldier's fire all of their weapons at Yang and her dragon Yang tells Raven to turn and the two manage to dodge the bolts and dust fire and continue their steep dive. Watts has lost the dragon in the sun once again. the two soar above the fleet. With a roar, Raven manages to levels many ships, even managing to blow one up in front of Watts. Raven flies past with unbelievable speed and she destroys another ship before turning back for a second round.

"FIRE!" Watts demands

None of his soldiers are responding, so Watt's rushes to a Dragon-Slayer and aims and the Dragon, but he is too late. Raven destroys another handful of ships as well Watts own, but the evil genius manages to survive and swims to shore.

Yang ushers Raven to continue the rest of the fight to the city wall. The Dragon flies to the City at a rapid speed. The Vale soldiers ready the Dust Canons at the beast. They start to aim but they are too late. Yang and Raven swoop up and engulfs the wall and its Soldiers in a great burst of flame. They all turn to ash in.

in the front gates of Vale, all is quiet. The two forces are still in their standoff. Port stands with his army facing Arslan, Jaune, Flynt, Ilia, Winter, Whitley, and Neo, all of them standing in front of their armies. Arslan and Ilia take one step forward, reacting to something no one else has sensed. Jaune looks to them wondering what they are doing until he hears something in the wind, A horse whinnies and the wind picks up, carrying the sound of great wings flapping. Everyone turns their heads, trying to locate the rising sound. Port tries to find where the noise is coming from, he turns as he realizes where it's coming from but too late. The gated wall behind the Port and his Army explodes in an enormous fireball, destroying a huge section of the wall and consuming dozens of soldiers. Port is knocked blasted away by the blast as most of his army is scattered.

Now was their chance, Arslan and Ilia charge, followed by the Atlas Military on their Warthogs and the Arc Army riding alongside them as well. Vale soldiers and Wolf Company scream in agony as they burn. Still stunned by the force of the blast, Port pulls himself up on his hands and knees. He sees the charging Armies. He finds his feet and plants them into the ground, he takes out his Ax/Musket, some of the Warthogs ride past him, then a knife flew right at him, he blocked it, only to see what looked like a whip hit his shoulder, he looks to see Arslan and Ilia side by side, Jaune and the others catch up with them and see them eyeing one another

"the rest of you go, we will handle him" Ilia told them

They nodded and the followed their army as Ilia and Arslan prepared to fight Port. the three take a fighting stance. Ilia makes her move first, Poer switches to his musket and fires off at Ilia, she uses her Aura to shield her but she is pushed back, Arslan then charges at him, Port blocks her sword with his musket and then switches to his Ax, slicing her stomach, and he then shot her back with the musket. the two got up and charged together. Arslan used her knife and threw it at the man, he side-stepped only for Arslan to pull on the knife's string and bringing it back to him, ht knife stabbed in his leg and Port grunted in pain, Ilia then shot off her Rapier strait at Port. The Professor blocked it with his Ax and pulled the knife out of his leg and he stood up, but he was punched in the face by Arslan, he backed up and then was kicked in the stomach by Ilia, the two switchings back and forth, attacking Port. Despite his Huntsman training, he wasn't as young or as agile as them. He shot off at Arslan, the bullet managing to hit and go through her shoulder, she backed up in pain and fell on her back, Ilia looked back only to be hit with the musket and she fell to the ground, Ilia looked up to see Port swing down his Ax at her, Ilia, backed up and missed the first swing, but port raised it up again and swing down a second time, Ilia grabbed her Rapier and blocked the strike, Port raised it again and struck the Rapier harder, causing it to break, Ilia looked in shock, Port took this chance and swing down again, Cutting off Ilia's left hand. Ilia screamed in agony as Port went to raise is Ax again he was stabbed in the back by Arslan. Port fell to the ground, coughing up blood, and looking to the walls of Vale.

"I was protecting the city, I never wanted to fight my students, but I had a choice..." He told them "Save the city and its people, or let it all burn..."

With those final words, Port dropped dead. Arslan knew what the man meant, and swore to give him a proper burial. She signaled a Warthog to stop and take Ilia to get medical attention back near the camp. They took Ilia and Arslan continued with the raid of the City.