Two - Colby

"Hey what's up guys it's Sam and Colby" I said.

"And today we are here with Corey and Elton and we're going to be exploring this abandoned warehouse" said Sam.

"Where we could get shot" Elton added. Corey's head whipped in our direction.

"What?" he asked. He was confused, it was written on his face.

"Well, Corey, the story behind this place is just that it had to shut down due to financial issues but..." pause for dramatic effect, "Lately many gangs and possible murders have been committed here. You know like wars" Sam explained. I laughed at Corey's face.

"Give me the keys, I'm going home" we all laughed at him then. Though we knew he was serious.

"Anyway, this is only an exploration video" I said. "So we won't be staying overnight. We got flashlights, a camera with two batteries, our phones, and the XPLR sticker" I said the last with way too much enthusiasm.

"Of course that's the most important" Elton joked. We laughed again quietly.

"Let's get it!" Sam picked up the camera.

We had been walking around the downstairs area and Corey was freaked out, as usual. He was reacting to our footsteps and our shadows. So paranoid.

We heard something quite quiet but it sounded like some footsteps." Did you hear that?" I asked. I knew I wasn't crazy.

"Yeah, sounded like foo..." there it was again. Interrupting Sam. We all shot warning glances at each other. A strange, almost mechanical, sound followed, then a thump. There was definitely someone else.

"We gotta go" Elton whispered. Before we could, though another thump, followed by footsteps headed our way, stopped us dead in our tracks.

We stared for what felt like a century at the door that creaked open. A girl, quite beautiful looking, stood there. She was dressed in leather with a, what looked to be, duffel bag slung over her shoulder. She froze when she saw us. Her hand was strangely behind her back, possibly gripping something.

"Are you cops?" she called. After a few glances Elton stepped forward.

"No, and you're not either?" he asked.

"No" something about her voice was... emotionless.

"What are you doing here... alone?" Corey asked. He sounded too frightened. It looked like a smile appeared on the girls face.

"I like..." she removed her hand from behind her back. Something about her was so suspicious. She was hiding something and everyone in the room knew it. "I like exploring. This place is pretty high on the 'places nearby' list"

Silence.

"What's your name?" Sam asked. Brave.

"I'm sorry I can't tell you that" what? Why not? Every cell in my body told me to run. At the same time, though, I was rooted in place. "What are your names?"

"I'm Elton" before I could ask what he was doing, I realised. He was building her trust, showing some trust he had in her for some in return. "This is Corey, Sam, and Colby" we awkwardly waved.

"You shouldn't be here" it was so sudden. We all looked at each other again. This wasn't good. We all knew she was trouble somehow.