Thirty - Colby

I sat on the bench in the park and waited. Would she turn up? I don't know. Something told me she wouldn't miss it for the end of the world. I glanced at my phone a few times. Nothing. Ten minutes later I was ready to leave. Just before I stood up, I saw her slowly walking towards me. She looked good, as she had all those other times I'd seen her, but there were clear signs of exhaustion covering her face. She slowly walked up to me. "Hey, Colby," she said quietly.

"Hi, Octavia," I said in a comforting way.

"Wh... why did you ask me to meet you?" I sighed.

"Listen" I stood up, "I think I may have been a little harsh. I saw your video on Instagram and I realised how much of a douche I was for completely kicking you out of my life. I was just, I just thought that you were gonna do it again or would do it again and that infuriated me. I didn't want my friends to be distraught because of you, I guess. I wish there was a way I could take back what I said because I genuinely think I was too hard on you. I don't know about getting back together but I'm not gonna push you away. I'm not gonna say I never wanna see you again because I do wanna see you again. I've actually missed you over this last month. I want you back in so many ways" I said. She lunged at me, hugging me tightly. After just a moment's hesitation, I hugged her back. She very very slowly pulled away, making eye contact with me as she did so.

"For now..." she said, "we won't get back together. Just for a little while. We will see if we want to get back together, you know?" she paused, "how have you been?"

"Let's not go there" I shook my head. She chuckled. I missed that. And her smile. 

"Should we tell people we're hanging out again?" she asked. I shook my head. 

"Let's leave it for a little while. Let's get our friendship back on track"

"Should we hint it?" she suggested. I laughed and nodded. I turned my back to her and let her take a photo. I watched her. She put the black and white filter on it, then captioned the photo 'Thanks for understanding'. She clicked post. I high fived her.

"To being friends again" I cheered. She giggled. Oh my god, I missed all of this so much.

"To being friends"

I missed her so much.