One Hundred and Nineteen

"She's so cute!" Kat's eyes sparkled at the sight of the baby in Colby's arms. We'd been with her for the whole of yesterday and up until now today. Annoyingly, Corey had a really important meeting he couldn't cancel and Devyn didn't want to come without Corey; Kat didn't wanna come without Devyn; Sam didn't wanna come without Kat. And so, we decided to postpone it one more day.

Rose was actually very good: she rarely cried for no reason. She looked so little when Colby held her, probably because he's quite big himself but not the point! She was actually quite a decent size for a supposedly smaller baby.

"I know, Kat, I know!" Devyn smiled widely at Rose, too. I gently picked Rose up, offering her to Sam.

"Me?" he questioned, surprised I'd selected him first.

"Of course. Colby's brother hasn't met her yet but mine has, so it's only fair his other brother is the first to hold her out of the friends." I reasoned. Jake and Corey's eyes watered but I couldn't tell if it was fake or not. They are drama queens sometimes.

"Awe." Sam replaced Colby in the chair then I placed Rose on him. She was asleep and had been for an hour or two so there was no need to worry about her crying just yet. Kat sat on the arm of the chair and looked down at the baby, too, while Colby held my hand. 

"Sam looks good holding a baby." Aaron weirdly complimented. Everyone in the room giggled a little, then I noticed Rose turn her head. Her eyelids fluttered then her eyes were open. Sam's jaw dropped and he looked at Colby.

"She has your eyes, bro." Colby just smiled and nodded. Rose didn't cry, only looked at Sam with a strange expression.

"Can I hold her?" Kat asked sweetly. Sam handed the baby to her and I immediately saw the HUGE smile Sam had at the sight of his girlfriend holding a baby. That's so cute but I would never suggest that they have one right now, especially not when they're so young. 

I got my baby back after that. She was very fidgety, telling me that she had done some business. I gave Colby a look he understood so he laughed. "What are we missing?" Corey asked. I'd already picked up on Rose's patterns and she'd been alive barely three days.

"Rose has dropped some bombs." Colby replied, still snickering.

"On me?!" Sam exclaimed. That made me giggle, too.

"Don't be a baby about it, Sam." Jake teased.

"I'll change her but all of you need to go into the main room, please." I instructed, getting the mat from its place on the side of the closet.

"Yes, mom." Devyn replied, cheerfully skipping off. Colby was last to leave as he gave me a quick kiss.