One Hundred and Fifteen - Devyn

I handed Corey a plate of food I'd made. In his usual, adorable fashion, he kissed my cheek and skipped off happily. He was like a little fairy... a Gunther fairy. I followed him close behind into the living where we sat on the couch with the TV playing YouTube. 

Everyone in the friend group and close family knew that Octavia and Colby could officially have a baby at any moment considering they'd told us the predictions for early birth. No one had been told the name of her but we trusted that they'd think of something cute, obviously. 

"Am I gonna be a good uncle?" Corey asked me. I looked directly in his eyes to see genuine doubt and sadness in them. I questioned how he could even think he wouldn't be good.

"Of course! Do you know yourself?" I immediately paused the TV and sat on my knees, even going as far as to place my plate on the coffee table. His face didn't soften even a bit, alerting me that he was still doubtful. "Babe. Do you really think you wouldn't be a good uncle?"

"I... I don't know... maybe? I jus-"

"No. You wouldn't be good. You'd be amazing. Absolutely amazing. There's NO WAY you wouldn't be a brilliant uncle, Corey. Stop stressing." his eyebrows lowered from their raised state as he calmed down from his mini anxiety outbreak. He'd been having those more and more the closer it got to Octavia and Colby's baby being born. I wondered why he was so freaked out by a baby but knew he would calm eventually.

"Thank you, Devyn." we hugged for a few moments to help him keep his breathing low and his stress levels healthy. I reached out for my plate to take a bite of my food. Corey giggled at me then pulled away from our hug in his happy, energetic mood everyone loved.

"Never doubt yourself like that, Corey, ok?" he nodded, the excitement not leaving. Unlike normal, we'd had different foods for dinner: only because he was being playfully stubborn. To my dismay, he used it to his advantage.

"Try some." he held out his fork with a small amount of food on.

"No thank you, Corey." I tried to turn back to my own food but he pushed the fork closer.

"Try some." he repeated.

"Corey." I warned him in the best parental tone I could. His eyes sparkled.

"Tr-"

"Corey." he smirked triumphantly then the fork was pushed closer to me."

"Try some, babe." like a baby, I purposely pushed my lips together and turned my head. "Come on, Devyn. Look here, look here." it was as though I was a child he was trying to get to eat food. After some disappointing efforts on Corey's side, he supposedly gave up. I opened my mouth to speak but ended up eating his food. I gave him a look but he was just smiling. "I did it!" the cute voice made me soften up. I giggled at his silliness and shook my head. My boyfriend is definitely something...