One Hundred and One

"It's good news, Ms. Rowland." the doctor told me. I let out a breath of relief. "Your baby will be completely fine. Luckily, you're not that far into pregnancy. Obviously, you're nearly out of the first trimester, but your uterus is still protected by your pelvic bone, therefore, the kick did not affect the baby whatsoever." I leaned my head back on the bed. Colby was outside with everyone else because he's beating himself up about what happened. "However." my head whipped up at the word. "The stress caused by this did momentarily bring a halt to the natural movements of the baby so that could mean that he/she will be quite small upon birth."

"Right, ok. Thank you, doc."

"Would you like a copy of the scan?" he held it out for me.

"Um, yes, I would, please." I took the little piece of card from him. "Thank you."

"It is no problem, Ms. Rowland. Thank you for coming in, you did the right thing. I will see you for your twenty-week scan."

"Ok, goodbye."

"Goodbye." I pushed my hoodie back down and picked my phone up from the table nearby. As I entered the hallway, I saw Colby leaning against a wall and staring at another.

"Colby?"

"Octavia!" he wrapped his arms around me tightly. "Is our baby ok? Please say he/she is." I pulled away, grabbing his face so he'd look at me.

"Our baby is completely ok, Colby, calm down, ok?" Colby closed his eyes for a moment.

"That makes me so happy." I stood up on my toes to kiss his lips.

"Here." I handed the scan to him.

"Oh my god!" I was hugged again making me laugh and smile. "I love you both."

"We love you more."

"Is everything ok, Octavia?" I pulled away from the hug to see everyone we went to the movies with.

"Yes, everything is completely fine." I took the scan from Colby and held it up for them to see. Gracie was the first to get to me. "That's your little brother/sister." I kneeled down next to her. She analyzed the image then placed a hand on my stomach. The little smile that spread on her face made my heart melt.

"Octavia?" I looked up at Callum. "I'm glad you're ok, sis." I did something Callum and I rarely do; I hugged him. 

"I'm glad I'm ok, too." I whispered to him.

"How big is your baby bump... if you don't mind me asking?" Sam took a little step forward.

"Well, I'm just saying... there's a reason I wear hoodies all the time now." I lifted the front. My baby bump was so obviously obvious that anyone could see it.

"Oh my god! I feel bad for not noticing!" Corey exclaimed. I smiled and nodded. "How long have you both known?"

"Well... I figured it out when I first entered jail then had it confirmed when I left at six weeks. Colby found out at eight weeks."

"Did he propose before or after he found out?"

"Before." Colby placed his hands on my hips. "I had no fuckin clue, to be honest." he chuckled at himself.

"You're too good at keeping secrets." Kat pouted and I laughed.

"Shall we all go home, guys?" Jake suggested.

"Oh, please, I need a nap." I complained. Everyone chuckled or smiled so we left the hospital.

Yall can calm down now 😂Baby is fine! Yay! Still not sure about boy/girl or names but so far, based on demand, here are the options. Boy: Noah, Casey, and Stanley. Girl: Rose, Quinn, and Elizabeth. I'm gonna say if you guys vote on those and boy or girl. (I am going to say my favourite for a boy and favourite for a girl is Rose but not biased!)