Eighty-Eight

"Octavia." Kat whined. She pouted at me with Devyn's help.

"No, girls. I don't want to go out, ok?" they'd been in Colby and I's apartment for the past hour trying to convince me to go with them all to a club. I'd continually said no.

"So you're just never going to go out again?" Kat asked, annoyed.

"Kat!" Devyn hit her arm. "She's been back from jail because of something that happened when she went out for barely three days!"

"Right, I'm sorry." Kat looked down at the ground then a smile grew on her face. "Then why don't you invite Gracie and have a night in instead?"

"I'd already planned that the moment Colby told me you were all going out this morning." I told them. Kat had a guilty expression but Devyn looked apologetic. "Now, girls, go and get ready: I know how long it takes for you."

"Hey!" I giggled as Devyn pushed Kat out of the apartment. Colby had been gone all day with Brennen so I had the whole place to myself, hence why Kat and Devyn were there. Callum said he'd be here at about six with Gracie while Colby was going to be leaving again to go out at eight.

I binged Netflix until I heard the locks turn. My lovely boyfriend emerged through the door with a smile on his face. I set my hair to one side as he closed the door quietly then jumped at the sight of me. "I thought you'd be napping or something. I know you're quite stressed." he walked over to me, pecking my lips and sitting next to me.

"No, you know that's not how I deal with stress." I reminded him with a small smile. 

"Right, of course. You shoot things." my smile widened at how much he knows me. Colby pulled me onto his lap and leaned his head on the back of the couch as I stared down at him. "You're so pretty."

"You too." I giggled, ruffling his hair. He smiled at me then pulled my face by my jaw to kiss me.

Twenty minutes later, Colby was checking all of his footage and editing. There was a knock at the door, making my head turn to it. I walked over, skeptically looking through the peephole. Luckily, I saw Callum with his arm on my daughter. 

"Gracie!" I announced as I opened the door.

"Mommy!" she gave me a hug. "Are you ok?" I nodded.

"Go sit down on the couch, honey." she ran like I'd never seen her run. Callum held out a small backpack to me.

"Her pyjamas, hair stuff, clothing, etc." he told me.

"Thank you, Callum." I gave him a hug before I took the bag from him.

"Hey, Callum." Colby placed his hands gently on my hips.

"Hi, Colby." my brother and my boyfriend interacting was amusing to watch in my opinion. "Make sure to call me if anything happens, Octavia." Callum warned me as though I didn't already know.

"Will do, Callum. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye, everyone." Gracie called a bye to him then the door was shut.

"Hey, Gracie!" Colby exclaimed excitedly. She ran over to him, hugging him.

"Hey, Colbs. Are you here all night, too?"

"No, I'm afraid I'm going out but you have your mom to yourself ALL night." Gracie smiled widely at the information.

"That sounds fun."

"It will be, Gracie. Colby, why don't you go and shower while I set Gracie up."

"No problem, babe." he pecked my lips and disappeared. I placed Gracie's bag beside the couch, sitting down on it with Gracie joining me.

"What would you like to do all night?" I asked her.

"Movies!" I laughed at her and nodded.

"Have you had dinner?" she shook her head. "Ok, we'll have dinner, get ready for bed, then watch movies until we fall asleep, yeah?" Gracie jumped up to run to the kitchen. Colby joined us at about half seven so he could have some food before he leaves. I'd never tell him, but I'm very anxious about his absence.

Later in the night, Gracie and I were sat next to each other on the couch with a Disney movie playing. Her eyes were fixated on the screen. I couldn't concentrate, though, because of the mixture of emotions flowing through me. This is all still kind of new to me. Emotions. Sometimes they really suck.