Eighty-Three - Octavia

"I'm not gonna lie, Faith, I'm actually so glad you're here right now," I said to her. We held hands as we stood outside the courtroom.

"I'm glad you're here, too," Faith smiled sadly at me. Neither of us had been ourselves lately and I was constantly worrying about everything. I realised how severe this really is. What if I'm in jail for Colby and I's anniversary? Our one year anniversary.

Hopefully, he'd be here, just so I could see him. I missed him, his face, his smile, his laugh. Everything. The next few moments are going to determine how much I'm gonna see him in the next few months. 

"I'm not ready for this," Faith muttered to herself. Her face was even paler than it'd ever been, she was starting to breathe fast, and was now turning green.

"Faith. Faith, it's ok," I stood in front of her, grabbing her other hand, too. "Listen, it's gonna be fine, ok? Even if we have a sentence it won't be for long and we'll be together through the entire thing. Now, calm down," she looked into my eyes. I could see tears welling up in hers. 

"Ok, ok. I'll try," the sad smile still resided on her expression. I gave her a slight nod and a deep breath.

"Ladies, this way," the police officer who had warmed up to us a bit more lately came to us. We both nodded at him and followed the tall man. He led us to some big doors. "Now, girls, I don't know what's about to happen but know that I hope you get released."

"Thank you, officer," Faith smiled at him more genuinely. "Time to go, I guess," another officer put his hand on the handle.

"Don't be trouble," he warned in a deep voice. I rolled my eyes, despite the dread looming over me. I squeezed Faith's hand for comfort, luckily it was returned. The doors opened to the judge and the half a dozen police officers. Here it goes. The trial.