Eighty-Five - Octavia

All I want is to see Colby again. All I want. But I'm causing so many things to go wrong in his life it's honestly unfair on him. As sad as it's gonna make me, I have a plan for when, if,  get out of here soon. Faith had heard and disagreed with my plan but I need it right now. She said she'd support me but at the same time, she thinks it's wrong.

"I have come to my choice." the judge announced from his seat. I watched him re-read a few lines of the book of laws and rules in front of him. "There will be no sentence." a breath was released from both of us girls at the news. "Octavia Rowland, you must complete twenty-four hours worth of community service. Faith Perez, you must complete forty-eight hours worth of community service." I made eye contact with Callum, who smiled at me.

"Octavia! Faith!" Callum exclaimed when we walked out of the police station hopefully for the last time. He gave us both hugs.

"Hey, bro." I smiled at him.

"Hey." Faith sent him a little smile. "You need to stop your sister from being stupid before Colby gets here."

"What do you mean?" Callum looked at me.

"She's going to 'take a break' from their relationship because she's worried that she's causing too many problems for him." Faith repeated my words from not many nights ago.

"That's absurd." 

"Exactly!"

"Guys... it's my business." I looked at the ground.

"Just rethink it, ok, sis? Colby's waiting at the house alone then we have to visit Emily and, more importantly, Gracie." Callum told me. I just nodded my head as I climbed into his car. My apartment building came into view. After a few breaths, I was ready to talk to Colby again.

"I'll see you soon, O." Faith said.

"See you." Sam and Kat suddenly appeared in front of me. I got a hug from both. "Oh my god! I'm so glad you're here! We all missed you so much!" Kat exclaimed.

"Obviously some more than others." Sam gestured towards the upstairs.

"I can imagine." I let out a small chuckle.

"You ready to go and see him?" I nodded and headed for the stairs.

"I'll talk to you guys another time, yeah?"

"Yeah, see you."

I got outside of my apartment's door. Colby's on the other side. This is it. I slowly opened the door to see Colby sitting in our kitchen area. "Octavia!" he rushed to me, immediately hugging me. Feeling his arms around me and seeing him again was making me change my mind. Everything I'd thought about over the last few days flew out the window, leaving me smiling.

"I've missed you." I mumbled to him.

"I've missed you, too." Colby pulled away, pulling my face to his. I kicked the front door shut behind me.