One Hundred and Five

I was finally less moody. My emotions had calmed the fuck down and it was easier to be around people without snapping. Obviously, Colby always got the brunt of it. I began applying makeup when my fiance entered the room. He laid back on our bed with his phone. "What's up with you?" I noticed his annoyed expression.

"Just stress, don't worry about it." he managed a smile for me. I quickly finished my mascara then sat next to him.

"What're you stressing about?" I asked him. He looked at me and trailed his eyes down to my stomach. "Please don't say you're worried about being a bad dad." his face went immediately guilty. "Colby." I whined.

"I'm sorry. It just plays on my mind, you know?" I sighed and kissed his cheek.

"You. Are. Going. To. Be. Great." he stared into my eyes then nodded. I smiled and kissed him. "Don't even worry about it, ok?"

"Ok." he whispered. With a little bit of confidence, he pushed me onto my back.

"There's Colby." I stated when he genuinely smiled at me.

"What? Where?" he asked jokingly while looking around the room. I playfully rolled my eyes, pulling him down into a kiss.

"There."

I walked back into the apartment after going out to lunch with Faith only to see Kat, Devyn, and my mom sitting in the living room. There were some pink balloons hanging around and presents with pink wrapping on the table. "Surprise." Faith whispered in my ear.

"Wh..."

"Your baby shower, hun." Devyn said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me to the main area. My mom gave me a hug while Kat held out a present. 

"Who came up with the idea?" I asked as I accepted that there's no way I'm getting out of it.

"I did." Kat announced proudly. "Colby just helped us plan it." I raised an eyebrow.

"He's in trouble, isn't he?"

"Mhm." I smiled innocently and opened the little box. Inside was, as expected, baby clothes. But something I didn't expect was that most of them were black or deep purple.

"We thought you and Colby wouldn't like pink that much." my mom said to me. I smiled widely at how much these people knew me. "We're sorry Gracie isn't here, though. She had to go to school."

"No, no, that's fine. I understand that."

"Who's going to be doing the school runs when Gracie moves in?" Kat questioned.

"Gracie's moving in with you?" my mom gave me a shocked face.

"Oh, right. You don't know about that." I chuckled nervously until a smile occupied the space shock was.

"I think that's wonderful, Octavia." she gently touched my knee.

"Well, Kat, Colby's going to do it. He decided for me that I need more sleep than him and that I deserve it more than him." Devyn smiled.

"He's so nice to you." Faith stated.

"Yes, he is. Actually, Faith, I have something to ask you." I turned to her. "Why do you spend so much time with my brother? Is there something there?" I raised an eyebrow as she blushed. Kat gasped.

"There is, isn't there?!" Faith looked down at her lap.

"We uh... we've kissed a few times recently but then everything with you happened so nothing's come of it."

"I'd get that before the wedding." I winked at her and she giggled.

"He's still a pussy around girls, though." we all laughed.

My mom and Faith went home so Kat and Devyn were left to put the clothes into what's going to be the baby's room. It's the smaller of the two extra bedrooms in the apartment and Colby's keeping his office until Gracie moves in. In the baby's room, we had already removed the bed previously there for guests and had cleared out the closet. We figured it was best to do the heavy work before I'm too far pregnant to help.

Kat and Devyn went home shortly after giving me some advice on the room design. I listened to music through headphones as I pinned the baby scans on a little notice board in the room. Startling me, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I turned to Colby and smiled, pulling out an earphone. "Welcome back."

"Did you enjoy your baby shower?" he asked me.

"Well, you're in trouble for making it a surprise but, yes, I did. The clothes and stuff are in the closet already."

"Well, I have a present for you specifically." he stepped away and picked up a box smaller than all other today on the little table in the room. He handed it to me with a little smile on his face.

"What is it?" he rolled his eyes playfully at me. "You know I hate surprises." I whined. I finally opened the box to see...