Thirty-Three - Octavia

We had spread out over two cars: Colby and Corey's. I sat in Colby's - in the passenger seat, by the way - with Sam and Aaron in the back seats. Then Corey, Devyn, and Elton in Corey's car. Colby kept his eyes on the road, for the most part, sneaking occasional glances and looks each time there was an empty road or red light. When we arrived, Sam and Aaron were the first out of the car. Colby turned off the engine, about to open his door. I saw his face when he saw I wasn't moving. "What's up?" Colby asked.

"I saw the comments. They want us back together? I thought they'd want the opposite" I said quietly. He smiled ever so slightly. It comforted me more than I expected.

"I know, I read them, too. So are you in shock?" I nodded. His smile grew when he laughed. It also made my heart skip a beat. "Come on and eat some food then, heard it helps with shock" I looked at his eyes. They were friendly as they always were. I smile back at him, feeling my cheeks heat up, too. What was this boy doing to me? 

We finally climbed out of the car. The other roommates were standing next to Corey's car, waiting. "About time guys!" Corey yelled when we reached them.

"What were you doing?" Sam asked.

"She had a slight breakdown, she's pretty much good now, though," Colby said, gently nudging my arm. Again, comforting me.

"You'll be OK," Devyn said sweetly. I smiled at her.

"Thanks, Devyn," I said. She nodded. I didn't know Devyn that much but I do know that she is very sweet and basically never does anything wrong. Oh and that she's a champion burper. We entered taco bell, giving our orders to Elton and Aaron, who walked straight to the cashiers. The rest of us sat in a booth. I sat by the window with Colby next to me, then Sam. On the other side, Devyn sat opposite me, with Corey next to her and a saved seat for Aaron. Elton was going to sit on the stool at the 'head' of the table.

It made me feel better to talk to everyone and have dinner with them. I knew they did this basically every day, which made me feel a little jealous. I had almost finished my taco when Colby swiped his thumb over the corner of my mouth. I saw some sauce on it before he got rid of it by putting it in his mouth shortly. 

"Aweeeee," Corey said. I looked up. He had his phone pointed at us.

"Shut the fuck up, Corey," I said.

"Nope" he shot back.

"What happened?" Sam asked, confused. 

"The cheesiest thing like, ever," Devyn said. Great, she'd seen, too.

"I got it on my phone because I was about to make a joke about the sauce that used to be on your lip," Corey said. Great so everyone would see it. He placed the phone flat on the table so the others could look. A short chorus of aweeee followed. Colby rolled his eyes, I leaned my head back. I'd seen the video and wanted to aweeee at what Colby did, too, but knew better of it. 

When the slowest eater - Sam - finally finished we took the trays to the bins then walked out to the cars. I was dawdling because I liked being out at night, which it was by now. I almost made it to the car before I felt a hand cover my mouth.

"Don't scream," a voice I didn't recognise said. I stood still. I made my plan. Something like this had happened before. I nodded. He slowly slipped his hand away. "Hands behind your back," he mumbled. Ha, stupid. I had a gun AND a dagger back there. Which one do I use? I obeyed. "You scream, you get hurt," he said. My hand gripped onto the dagger. 

"COLBY!" I yelled, my voice breaking with the tiny bit of fear I felt. The shout was blood-curdling, even I knew that. I pulled the dagger as fast as I could, which was very, and sliced his arm. Before Colby could get to me, and I knew he was coming, I felt a sharp, cold pain, that I'd also felt before, plunge into my stomach. Fast footsteps were the last thing I heard before emptiness filled my senses.