Sixty-Seven - Octavia

I didn't know how to ask her. I wanted Emily to take Gracie and Brandon away for a little while. It would be best for Gracie because she needs to get away from my gang. I guess Callum would go, too. What am I saying? He has to go, he's the bodyguard of Gracie. 

I didn't know if anyone had noticed my stress levels rising but I found my answer when I noticed Colby looking at me worriedly. I looked at my sister; she was chatting happily with Jake. Colby squeezed my hand. "What's wrong?" he whispered in my ear.

"Not now. I'll tell you later, OK?" he nodded, relaxing a little bit more. It made me relax, too.

"What are you two whispering about?" Corey was suddenly leaning over the back of the couch right behind us. 

"Nothing of your concern," I replied, getting stressed out again. Corey stared a moment, expecting another come back but he didn't get one so he sat back down. Colby and I had slowly gotten closer until my leg was basically over his. His arm was lazily around my waist and we still held hands. Gracie ran in with Brandon not far behind her and Callum slowly strolling. Brandon ran over to Emily, sitting on the seat next to her whilst Gracie, little Gracie, had found her seat. She jumped on the border between Colby and I's bodies. She snuggled in, creating a small gap which she settled into. Everyone laughed at her actions. I leaned down to eye level with Gracie.

"Hi, mom, guess what!" she exclaimed.

"What?"

"I have a surprise!" I frowned.

"Where?"

"In the garden," she jumped up, peeling Colby's hand from mine and dragging me off of the couch. I reluctantly allowed her to do it. When we got outside, just the two of us, she ran to a bush where she pulled a dagger out. It was a little less beautiful than mine, but beautiful nonetheless, and she held it out for me.

"How'd you find this?" I asked.

"I saw the man put it here. When the man dragged me away, I saw him stash this here," she explained. I looked in her eyes the whole time. No lie. 

"Don't tell anyone. Go back inside. If they ask what it was that you showed me, say that it was just a piece of trash, OK?" Gracie nodded. She was a smart girl, this would be a piece of cake. The moment she was through the glass doors, I examined the dagger. No blood. No blunt edges. No scratches. It was like it had never been used. I stashed it with my own dagger and gun, then walked back to the living room. 

**********

FAN

FAN: I'm sorry

FAN: I'm sorry. I couldn't help it. I had to screenshot this part of Corey's truth or punishment video and post it

Tagged: colbybrock and OctaviaRowland

FAN2: OMG yassss

FAN3: I loved that part, too

OctaviaRowland: @FAN3 me too 💕