Fifty-Five - Octavia

I woke up in Colby's bed. It was warm like it'd been yesterday in Kansas, which was so nice. There seemed to be no sound in the rest of the house, which surprised me quite a lot. I had gotten used to the loud nature of the guys then the quiet nature of Kansas. Why did it feel like we were still in Kansas? I heard Colby's door open but knew it wasn't him because I could feel his arms around me. "Shhhh," Kat's voice whispered.

"How are we gonna do this without waking one of them up?" Sam whispered back to her.

"I don't know! Let's just go for it, see what happens," Corey whispered. I shuffled around a little.

"Yo, yo, yo, we may wanna leave it a little. It sounds like she might wake up," Sam whispered.

"Nah, it's fine, just do it!" Kat whisper-yelled.

"Kat! Shush!" Corey whispered. 

"Where should we hide the camera?" Sam whispered.

"Over there!" damn I wouldn't know that information in advance.

"OK," the sound of walking was heard going to a place then coming back. "OK, we need to start now otherwise they're gonna wake up,"

"No, Octavia might wake up. We could be talking normally and Colby wouldn't wake up," Corey said, laughing. "Remember that prank where we literally moved him into the pool!"

"Corey!" Kat whisper-yelled. 

"Sorry, can we just test though? Maybe she's a heavy sleeper too, then we can just talk normally,"

"Fine," Kat said in her normal voice. "Octavia? Octavia? Colby?" she said. I didn't respond but knew I wouldn't if I was actually asleep either. I basically slept through hurricanes. 

"I guess we're talking normally then," Sam said. "OK, guys, so we're gonna pull a triple jumpscare prank on the couple lying in that bed," I could imagine Sam pointing at me. 

"Sam, you're skinniest so you go under the bed, I'll go in the closet and Corey, you can jumpscare them awake," Kat said. 

"What order though?" Corey asked.

"Well, let's say you waltz in loudly to wake them up, scaring them in the process then when they get out of bed, Kat will jump out of the coset then I'll reach out from under the bed and touch their legs or something, yeah?" mastermind Sam. Little did they know I knew their entire plan. Didn't mean I wouldn't let Colby get scared. 

"Everyone in position!" Kat said. I heard lots of shuffling including the opening, but not closing, of Colby's door. "OK, Corey, you know what to do," Kat said. I heard Colby's closet door and bedroom door close. 

"TIME TO WAKE UP LOVEBIRDS," Corey yelled as he entered the room. I felt Colby jerk next to me, making me smile.

"Shut the fuck up and get out, Corey," I said.

"Hey! That's not nice,"

"She has a point," Colby pulled me closer to him, digging his face in my neck and kissing it once as a hello. 

"Isn't that just adorable," Corey smiled. He picked up the camera. "Sorry for scaring you, I'll just be out now," he said as he left. I knew that wasn't the end of it. He shut the door most of the way. I sighed.

"You need to get up, Colbs," I said.

"Whyyyy?" he whined.

"Becausssse," I whined back. He sighed then un-dug his face and pulled me into a kiss that lasted for a few seconds. "Not distracting me, Colbs, come on," he groaned then sat up, rubbing his eyes. When he got out of bed, I smiled triumphantly. He opened his closet door to get clothes, Kat jumping out at him. 

"BOO!" she yelled. Corey came back in. 

"Ha! You got pranked twice!" he yelled.

"Haha, very funny. Move, Kat, it's too early," Colby complained. Kat came out of the closet (ha ha ha) and joined Corey at the door.

"Soooorry Colby," Kat said.

"It's fi-ah!" Sam jumped out from under the bed, making Colby yell in surprise. "Fucking hell! Can you guys not?!" I burst out laughing, joining the three jump-scarers. 

"Did we scare you?" Corey pointed the camera at me.

"No, I woke up before you even came in here, dimwits," I said. "I heard your whole plan!"

"Gosh, dangit! Maybe one day," Sam exclaimed.

"Maybe one day, Dennis," I replied, referring to one of their most famous vines.

"WHAT?!" Sam yelled at me. We all laughed, except for Colby who had laid back down in bed.

"You still need to get up, Colbs," I laughed. 

"No," he replied. I sighed. 

"All of you out, now. I need to get Colby up," I said, pushing them out of the room. I locked the door, which we should have done last night, then climbed back into bed with Colby. "I'm good to stay here, too," he pulled me into him, pulling the covers over us and digging his head in my neck again. 

"I'm glad," he mumbled sleepily. We both fell back asleep for a little while, waking up to the knocks on the door. "I'll get it," he said, getting out of bed. I didn't bother arguing about it. He opened the door. "What do you want now, Corey?"

"Breakfast is downstairs,"

"OK, bye," Colby slammed the door shut.

"You don't need to be so mad at them, you know," he nodded.

"But it seems to be the only way to keep them in line." He pulled on a shirt then threw a pair of my shorts at me. "Here, you're not wearing any pants," I didn't care but put on the shorts anyway. We went downstairs to all the roommates and sat down on one of the bean bag chairs with our food. 

"There's the lazy couple!" Jake exclaimed.

"Shut up," I said, smiling. "We're lazy because we can be," Jake smirked suggestively.

"I bet you weren't actually sleeping," Jake stated.

"We were, actually," I said.

"I can vouch for them there because I didn't hear anything from next door," Sam backed me up. No matter how annoying they all were, I still loved them all as my family. Speaking of family, I haven't told them about... no, I can't say her name, not even in my head; it upsets me too much. I can't say either of their names. Damn having a soul.