One Hundred and Eighteen

Colby: Guyssss... guess what

Sam: Whaaaat?

Octavia: Colby's officially a daaaad

Corey: WHAT?!

Kat: Since when?

Devyn: Excuse Moi?

Colby: Since yesterday, Kat

Jake: I NEED to come and visit her right now!

Sam: Where can I meet your daughter?

Octavia: NOT YET GUYS

Octavia: We need a few hours to get her used to her new room and everything

Kat: You're such a mom :)

Devyn: What's her name?

Colby: Do you all wanna know right now?

Faith: YES! Sry I only just saw everything

Jake: Yes

Corey: If there's anyone who doesn't then leave

Sam: We good, tell us

Colby: Rose Rowan Brock

Faith: Rowan? Why do I recognize that name?

Octavia: Because it's my father's

Aaron: Yeah, I only just saw everything, too.

Aaron: I love that

Kat: THE NECKLACE!

Devyn: OMG

Corey: ?

*Flashback to part 105*

I opened the box to see... a gold necklace with the end in the shape of a rose plant. Knowing it will the name of our baby, I gave Colby a long hug. He laughed and put it on me. This man is literally gonna kill me.

*End*

Jake: Colby bought her a necklace with a rose on it ages ago

Corey: Aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Aaron: Das adowable!

Octavia: Not as cute as Gracie meeting Rose for the first time...

Kat: We missed that?!

Sam: Are you still in the hospital?

Colby: She's currently making sure she's gonna be able to walk to the car so, yes

Jake: How are you going to get both Rose and Octavia to the car?

Faith: Callum's helping

Faith: I texted him about this and he told me

Colby: What she said.

Sam: So I'm basically not allowed next door because none of us are allowed to meet your baby for a while?

Octavia: Exactly. See you guys, we gotta go now

Colby: Byeeee

Colby slipped his arm around my waist as he helped me walk to the door. Callum followed close behind holding Rose in his arms and having a little backpack on him in case she wakes up and needs something. She still hadn't fully opened her eyes and it was frustrating me. We only knew she was awake because she'd cry. The hospital told us that she'd open her eyes in no time and not to worry about it.

We got back to the apartment building to see Kat's car parked right next to Sam's. I knew they were probably all itching to come to our place and meet little Rose but she needs to be taken care of first. As soon as we were inside, I took Rose from Callum. I gently rocked her as I headed for the nursery quickly. I checked the time on my phone, seeing it was almost her feeding time anyway. Only ten more minutes.

"Callum's gone to Faith's." Colby told me, walking into the room. I placed Rose down into her crib with a few extra blankets in case she's cold, it is only February. Colby came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I leaned my head back on his shoulder to help me calm my nerves a little bit. 

Rasing Gracie for the first year of her life was not easy. Not only did I have school, but she was a baby I had very little idea of how to take care of. My mother helped, yes, but she never really taught me how to do it; only took over when I couldn't. Then I passed off Gracie to Emily and assumed that was it. It took Emily half a year to convince me to visit and that's when I really started to care about someone other than my brother. 

"What are you thinking about?" Colby whispered in my ear. I turned my head to look at him, being super close as expected.

"Gracie and how I failed that." Colby raised his eyebrows as though I was mad.

"You didn't fail at raising Gracie, Octavia. You did what you could at the time. Gracie's alive, healthy, and I mean... she's Gracie. Adorable and cute at the same time, even though those are basically the same thing..." I giggled at him while staring into his eyes. "Point is, you're gonna be great." he leaned in and kissed me quickly.

"Thanks."

"No problem." my eyes naturally landed on the baby. She rolled her head once then, thank god and finally, her eyes opened. My jaw dropped in shock at the sight of her bright blue eyes. Not brown. Bright blue.

"Colby... she has your eyes..." I felt his head snap to look at her. Just a second later, her face distorted. Colby got the milk the nurses had given us before we left so I picked Rose up and sat on a seat. Colby handed me the milk. Rose was staring at me while she drank; something that captivated me. Mixed race with blue eyes... beautiful.