Ninety

I don't think yall are ready for this.

"Can we go to the beach, just us?" Colby asked me as I entered our bedroom. It was already dark outside and I was only wearing a tank top and shorts.

"Now?"

"Yeah." he smiled widely at me.

"Um, I guess so? Can't be too long, though. I'm quite tired." I told him so he nodded. I slipped on one of his hoodies then brushed my hair out while he put a shirt on. We got into his car but there was something strange about how he was acting. I watched his posture carefully. He's trying to impress me.

We got to the beach very quickly considering it's LA. No one was around, as expected, so we just sat down anywhere on the sand. Colby was staring out at the ocean and we were sat in comfortable silence. "Is there a reason we're here?" I just had to ruin it.

"Yes, but you'll find that out soon." I frowned at him but he took a photo of both of our feet, the sand, and part of the water, posting it on his story with the caption: 'My two favorite things'. "I love you, you know that, right?" he asked me. I smiled at the first half of his sentence.

"Of course I know that and I love you, too. Why?" he pulled me onto his lap so I could still see the ocean washing in and out peacefully. His arms wrapped around my stomach and his chin rested on my shoulder.

"You see, I was originally going to plan some big thing for our anniversary/your birthday but then I realized that you don't really enjoy anything like that." he knows me so well. I hummed. "And then there's something else. I decided, fuck tradition." he leaned his head up to put his mouth close to my ear. "Octavia Rowland, will you marry me?" I turned to him shocked. The hand that had previously rested on my stomach now laid open with a ring box.

"You cannot be serious?!" he nodded with a smile. "Oh my god!" I covered my mouth with my surprise. "Yes!" I tackled him backward onto the sand in a hug. I remained on top of him as he placed the ring on my finger. He checked the time, showing me.

"And you just officially turned twenty. Happy birthday and anniversary, babe." he said.

"Shut up." I said as I kissed him. I felt him smile.

Holy shit. Holy fuck. What the fuck? What the shit? So many phrases. So many words. So many emotions.