Sixty-Eight - Octavia

I'm not following the video here, I'm just writing some hauuuunted happeningssss - oooo scaaaawyyyy. Also, I know it's supposed to be Colby's perspective but I wanna write in Octavia's.

"Hey what's up guys it's Sam and Colby," Colby said, doing that weird hand thing he always did.

"Yes, and today we are here with Octavia, Corey, and Jake!" Sam said.

"Hi," I waved with a smile. I noticed Colby looking at me so I smiled back at him. 

"He..." Jake shortened the word like the weirdo he was.

"H..." then Corey did the same. Colby grabbed my hand because... why not.

"And we are at the Biltmore hotel," Colby continued.

"If you guys didn't know, this was one of the most criminally active places AND it's supposedly haunted,"

"So, naturally, they ask me to come with them," I said. Both chuckled nervously.

"What are you talking about?" Sam asked. I playfully glared.

"And as it's haunted, they just HAD to bring me along, too!" Corey exclaimed. 

**********

"Ugh, Corey just answer the damn phone," I complained. Since we were discussing what to do, I'd laid down on one of the beds while scrolling through Insta.

"No! What if it isn't the front desk?" Corey panicked.

"Answer the phone!" he finally did. He listened then slammed it down. "That's rude," I mumbled.

"What's wrong?" Colby asked. I noticed the fright in Corey's eyes. He looked terrified. 

"It definitely was not the front desk. There was just like... like some breathing until I got scared," Corey explained. I heard a noise from the door, making me look at it. Jake was standing by the other bed; Colby was standing next to the bed I was on; Sam was looking confused, standing in front of Corey; Corey was by the phone. No one was over there to make that noise. I ignored it, deciding if I mentioned it I'd just freak the guys out. 

**********

"Guys, I'm not feeling good," Colby said. He looked fine but I could see the disturbance in his eyes. I had a similar feeling.

"What do you mean?" Sam asked.

"Like... ill. I feel like I'm about to throw up," I'd felt like that for a little while but I didn't wanna say anything. 

"Maybe we should leave?" Jake suggested. They all looked worriedly at their friend. Meanwhile, I stood behind them, getting fainter and fainter. I didn't have a chance to sit.

"Guys," was all I got out before I dropped. I felt arms under me, none of me hitting the floor because of my fall. I could hear everything, which never usually happens.

"Octavia! Are you OK?" Colby's voice was closest to me. He must have caught me.

"Octavia?" everyone said. They started worrying about what to do just before I started to gain control so that I could move.

"Octavia? Can you hear us?"

"Ye..." was all I could get out. At least they would know I could hear them.

"Thank god," Colby mumbled. My eyes started to flutter. I had been trying to open them for a while now. Then I could see the lights and Colby in front of me. "Can you stand?" he asked. I somewhat nodded, letting him help me up. He held one of my arms over his shoulders for support.

"What happened?" Sam asked. 

"I... I don't know," I frowned. I felt so weak. My head wasn't working. 

"She needs to lie down," Corey said.

"Come on, let's take you to the room," Colby said, wrapping one arm around my waist for even more support. I stumbled a few times, almost pulling him with me. Thank god we weren't very far from the room. When the door was opened - by Corey, I believe - Colby literally swept me off of my feet, placing me on one of the beds. He went to walk away to the others - who were trying to figure out what was going on - but my hand grabbed his just in time.

"Stay," he sat next to me. I laid my head on his legs, lying across the small bed. Keeping my breathing steady, I had to keep my eyes open. I felt him messing with my hair, picking up a strand then brushing his hand through it. It was helping me calm and I was eventually able to sit up, though I leaned most of my back on Colby. He wrapped an arm around my waist as I mostly laid on my back in between his legs. One hand held his.

"Feeling better then?" Jake asked me. I nodded. He glanced at Colby then me for a moment. They must have finished putting their heads together.

"Do you know what happened?" Sam asked.

"Well, I'd been feeling like how Colby said he was feeling, just before I dropped, all night but I just didn't wanna say anything. When you were all looking at him, for some reason, I felt my head spinning and then, next thing I know, I was being caught mid-air," I explained. They all listened so intently. 

"We should just leave," Corey stated.

"I agree with him. I don't like feeling weak," Colby tightened his arm around me for a second. 

"Then let's leave," Sam agreed.

**********

The next thing I know, we're at Biltmore again. This time we're stopping overnight in the presidential suite. We'd have no way of leaving since we promised to stay all night and we even had to do a damn seance at three. 

We'd looked around the room, around the hotel, and gotten slightly bored. While we were waiting for 3 am, we decided to order some food and watch some TV. I laid snuggled up to Colby, his arms around me, our legs tangled, my head on his chest: all the typical stuff. It was only about half one when my eyes closed slowly. I just let myself slip into sleep. Couldn't hurt... right?