Forty - Colby

I noticed the moment she slipped unconscious. "She'll kill us if we don't listen to her," Sam said. I nodded.

"Get her phone," I said. I picked her up, one arm supporting her shoulders and one arm under her knees. I placed her on the bed and put pressure on her wound. I noticed Sam was recording but I knew Octavia wouldn't mind. 

Somehow, within minutes, Steph was banging on the door, She ran to me and Octavia, getting to work at once. I walked over to the group, blood on my hands from holding her. 

"Guys, did you realise that she's been perfectly fine for... what? three or four days? Now suddenly right after you, Sam, say that you're leaving, her stitches miraculously open!" Corey said. He put the pieces together as he spoke. I was busy staring at Octavia but I heard him. She was laying on the bed with Steph working on whatever she was doing. Octavia looked so peaceful and angelic, I'd thought it many times before. She looked vulnerable now, though, and kind of tired, even though she was passed out. 

"Oh my god, I didn't even realise that!" Jake announced.

"Me neither!" Sam exclaimed. 

"I was just in panic mode!" Aaron added. 

"Colby? What about you?" Sam asked. My head snapped in their direction.

"Hm?"

"Did you realise that her stitches opened right as we were about to leave, like literally as I got to the door," Sam said.

"Oh, uh, no I didn't,"

"Well, what do we do, now?" Jake asked.

"I think we should still leave but we need to stay under the radar when it comes to Octavia," Corey said.

"What if one of us stays?" Sam suggested. "Like, someone could wait for her to re-gain unconsciousness then bring her back to the house or something,"

"I'll stay," I volunteered.

"Of course you will," Corey smiled. I rolled my eyes but felt myself start to blush a little.

"OK, so, Colby's staying to wait for Octavia, we're leaving and this video is done," Sam said to the camera. He turned it off then they walked towards the door.

"Text us when she wakes up and when you're on the way back," Jake said as they closed the door. Shortly after, Steph left, too. I half-laid down on the bed next to Octavia, waiting for her to wake up.