Eighty-Seven

"How have you been?" he cocked his head to the side in a menacing way. An angry fire lit inside of me at the sight of him again. He fucks off for five years then thinks he can just turn up.

"Not bad." I lied. The cashier handed me Kat and Devyn's drinks so I began to walk away. He grabbed my arm aggressively, pulling me back.

"Where you going?" he questioned with a sinister undertone to his voice.

"Back to my friends." I glared at him.

"Why don't we talk? I wanna catch up." he was staring so intensely into my eyes. I could practically see the fire behind his pupils.

"I'm busy right now." I broke my arm free, accidentally making eye contact with the cashier. She gave me a look that I ignored. Her expression seemed worried.

"Awe, come on. You don't wanna hang out? You used to like me a lot, I could tell." he smirked widely at me, now getting in my path. I sighed heavily.

"Listen, I don't give a shit about you, ok? I have real friends and a real boyfriend now so piss off, I don't want to talk to you." I started walking away.

"Bet Gracie would want to talk to me." I stopped dead in my tracks, now most of my friends noticed me except Gracie and Brandon, thank god. I gritted my teeth. "Wouldn't she? I mean, I'm her father. Doesn't she want to meet me?" I closed my eyes for a split second, trying to calm myself down.

"No, she doesn't. She knows what you did."

"Which is?" I quickly placed Kat and Devyn's drinks on the table then walk back to him. 

"Used me then left the minute you found out about her." my fists were clenched in the anger I wasn't letting loose.

"Oh, please. I didn't use you." he dismissed me as though I was lying. I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "You really think I used you? I genuinely liked you." he took a minor step towards me so I backed up without a second of hesitation.

"Fuck off, Jay." I growled. "I don't want you here and neither does Gracie."

"Let me meet her and we'll find out for certain, won't we?" once again, I gritted my teeth. He's pushing his luck.

"Jay." I warned. "Stop pissing me off. When someone asks you to leave, just leave." Jay snorted at my words, rolling his eyes.

"I have a right to be here, Oc. So unless you want to start a fight right here in front of your friends, I suggest you bring Gracie over. I want to meet my daughter." I analyzed his serious expression and even more, anger rose within me.

"You couldn't have cared less for the last five years. What is she to you? You haven't wanted to be in her life. What's changed?"

"I've wanted to be part of her life since I saw you two together in the hospital. I was too scared that you wouldn't take me back so I walked away. I've regretted it for years, all five years."

"Don't bullshit me."

"I'm not." no signs of lying but I refused to believe he's telling the truth. "I just want to meet my daughter." I bit the inside of my cheek then turned my head.

"Gracie?!" I called. Callum gave me a look like I was crazy and so did Emily: they knew who he was. "Come here." my little girl ran over to me. I leaned down to her and lowered my voice so only she could hear. "Baby, I want you to know that that man is your father but you remember what I told you about him, right?" she nodded. "So you know not to talk to him?" another nod. I then raised my voice so that Jay and my friends could hear me. "You ready to go?"

"Yes, mommy." she smiled widely. My smart child.

"Come on, then." I grabbed her hand and pulled her quickly towards the exit.

"Octavia!" Jay roared after me. I gave Gracie a quick smile. We'd made it mostly to the car when I heard footsteps running after me. With hope that it was a friend, I turned. Sadly, Jay stopped. "I want to talk to Gracie." the little girl holding my hand cowered behind me.

"I said no and so did she." I said. My friends appeared not far behind him.

"Liar. Gracie, sweetie. I'm your father." he had such a sweet voice that I got slightly worried Gracie would hold up.

"Go away." how could I doubt her? Jay's jaw tightened.

"Bitch." next thing I know, the back of his hand came into contact with my cheek then his hand tangled in my hair and he threw me to the ground. I let go of Gracie's hand in the process. Jay kicked me while I laid on the ground. I coughed blood onto the concrete.

"Don't you fucking touch her again." Callum's voice growled angrily. I felt someone kneel down beside me and place their hand on my cheek then my stomach. I'd recognize those hands anywhere.

"Colby..." I mumbled, rolling onto my front and beginning to stand up.

"No, you need to lie down." I shot him a quick glare, confirmed that Gracie was with Faith then turned to Jay. Callum had pushed him against Corey's car.

"Move." I ordered. I ignored the look he gave me as he stepped away. I kneed Jay in the nuts. "That's for five years ago." then again. "That's for pissing me off." and again. "And that's for that slap." he fell to the floor in pain.

"Fuck." he grumbled.

"Shut up, you little bitch." I snapped. "Gracie?" she rushed over to me, hugging my legs. "Do you ever want to see him again?" she looked him dead in the eye.

"Never." she shook her head.

"And there you go." I walked to Colby's car, starting to fall but getting caught by Colby.

"Now will you lie down?"

"Back at the apartment."

"Ok, fine." we got in our cars and drove away from Jay.