Sixty-Six - Colby

"You couldn't have picked a worse girlfriend for keeping secrets," Jake said when Corey had put his camera away.

"Hey! I can keep secrets! I'm in a fucking gang remember," Octavia exclaimed. "Dumbass," she mumbled. I chuckled.

"He's got a point though. She exposed you, bro," Sam said. I shrugged.

"I don't care," I replied to them. "It's her as well," she looked at my face. I could see it in the corner of my eye. Before I was able to look at her, she whipped her head in the direction of the headlights on the driveway. She leaped up, going to the window, which was understandable, we were all quite paranoid. She was staring for a short while. I saw a smile suddenly appear on her face when she ran out the front door. We all exchanged glances. I got up to follow her, only to be greeted by a small body jumping onto me. I could tell it was Gracie so I hugged her back then put her on the ground. She looked at my face.

"Hi pretty boy!" she exclaimed happily.

"Hi, Gracie," I replied, smiling. I was kneeling down on the floor while Gracie caught me up on some stuff that had happened at the park yesterday when Octavia walked in with Callum, a woman I'd never seen before, and a young child. It was a boy but he didn't actually look as young as Gracie. "Who's that?" I asked. She turned, confused.

"Oh! That is Aunt Emily and Brandon!" she looked back at me. "Carry?" she asked. I smiled and nodded as she let me pick her up, leaning her on my arm. 

"Colbs, this is Emily and Brandon: my sister and nephew. They look after Gracie for me," Octavia explained. She walked up to me, grabbing the hand that was free. I noticed Gracie eye it but she didn't say anything.

"Hi, I'm Colby," I introduced.

"Oh, YOU'RE Colby? I see what you were saying, O," Emily said. 

"Hi, I'm Brandon and though I look six, I'm actually eight," Brandon said.

"I thought you looked older, to be honest," I smiled at him, to which he smiled back.

"Play!" Gracie exclaimed. I set her down, Brandon chasing her away. I shook Emily's hand.

"If you're wondering, she was saying that you're cute and a bunch of shit like that. I'm glad I got to confirm it," Emily said. 

"Shut up, Emily," Octavia replied. I squeezed her hand, looking at her face. She looked back, a smile forming. "Sorry," she mumbled as she looked back at her sister. Emily was looking at us with basically heart eyes. "Oh, right! So Colby has a bunch of roommates who are all over there. You have Kat, Sam, Devyn, Corey, Aaron, and Jake," Octavia explained.

"Nice to meet you all," Emily greeted. We all sat down in the living room, minus Callum who was watching the kids outside. Octavia sat a little closer to me than normal, keeping hold of my hand and leaning her head on my shoulder. Something was stressing her out.