One Hundred and Thirty

I giggled and sat back on the bed. Gracie was lying to my right, sleeping as she had been for the past hour or so. We'd decided on a basic day of lying in since Gracie had been getting high marks, Rose had been really progressing, and Colby was doing good for YouTube. Me, on the other hand, I'm not doing much other than looking after the two girls. Rose is seven months old already, which means she's SO close to crawling.

I kissed Colby's cheek, petted Rose's head, and stroked Gracie's arm all while I got up out of bed. Colby groaned at me, taking his hand away from Rose to reach out for me. I smiled and shook my head.

"Where're you going?" He complained. I started brushing through my hair.

"I need to go over to Sam's for like five minutes. Kat needs to talk to me or something." I shrugged and grabbed my phone. "I promise I'll be back."

"Okay, see you, babe." I waved on my way out of our bedroom. Inside, I was terrified of what Katrina was about to tell me. I knew something was going on and I had no idea why she'd started acting more distant from us. Particularly from Sam.

The sound of Sam's door opening almost made me jump. There was my bubbly, blue-haired friend looking terrified herself. Her eyes almost looked red like she'd been crying and one of her hands was shaking. "Kat..." I reached out for her but she stepped back.

"Please don't touch me right now. Come with me." She started heading for the elevator. I said nothing as I walked behind her. Now she's really scaring me.

"Have you had a fight with Sam?" I questioned. She shook her head sadly and took a deep breath before she turned to me. "Then why are you leaving his apartment crying?"

"I... I was thinking about what I need to tell you and couldn't face him anymore." She cried out. The tears started falling down her cheeks again. I touched her shoulder regardless of what she had told me. It took her a moment to respond by falling into me for support.

"What do you need to tell me?" I whispered into her ear. The elevator doors opened so she pulled away from me to walk toward my car, which sat next to Colby's. "Kat?"

"Just, please. I'll talk to you in the car." She begged. Her voice. It's so strained and sad. I couldn't say no.

Next thing I knew, I was starting my car while Kat tried to control herself a little bit. Enough to speak at least. "Okay, um..." she stopped herself once more.

"On a scale of one to ten, how important is this?" I figured I'd ease her into it.

"Ten." I took a deep breath as well. I'm terrified.

"Has Sam got anything to do with it?"

"Yes."

"Okay... are you breaking up with him?"

"No." That answer was fast. There was something about the way she said it. Almost like that was her hope rather than her plan.

"Will I be really really shocked?" Kat paused for a moment in thought.

"Probably." I saw a tear hit her light blue jeans in the corner of my eye. "I just don't really know what to do." She whispered more to herself than me.

"Why are you telling me about whatever this is?"

"Because you're the only one who can help."

"Has someone fucking threatened you? I swear to god I'm going to-" A hand gently touched my shoulder.

"No, Octavia." Kat said. "No one has threatened me." Something only I can help her with. It's to do with Sam. She's extremely emotional.

"You're pregnant." Nothing. No words. Dead silence in the car. Not even movement except for the tears still falling from Kat's eyes. 

I pulled onto the parking lot of an Arbie's. We weren't going in. I just needed to talk to her. "Kat." She still didn't move. I shuffled in my seat to look at her. "Katrina."

"I know I'm being stupid." She cried out. Tears fell down her cheeks. More than before. She'd never cried like that in front of me.

"No, you're not. Kat, you're pregnant. That's huge and very important." I lifted her face so that she'd look at me though she fought against my hands.

"But I shouldn't be crying. I'm so pathetic." I wiped her tears then placed my hand on her stomach. She froze altogether looking down at her own belly. I could feel the little bump.

"What are you thinking?" I asked her softly.

"That Sam will be mad at me." I smiled comfortingly at her and shook my head. Her eyes flicked between mine. "Well, he won't be happy. I'm disrupting his career at his high."

"Katrina Stuart! Listen to yourself! You're pregnant with HIS baby. Do you really think that's what he'd be worried about? Especially when you first tell him?" She bit her lip in thought. I read the expression on her face. "Are you planning on keeping the baby?"

"I don't know." She mumbled shyly.

"When are you going to tell Sam?"

"I don't know." Don't get frustrated. I had to say it to myself just in case. She's emotional. It'd be a bad friend move to get mad at her now.

"Tell him today." I said. Her face shot up looking at me like I was mad. "There's no point in extending the time you have to keep it secret, Kat. And definitely not if you're not going to keep it."

"But... I'm scared."

"You'll be okay, Kat. Trust me. Everything will be okay." I just wish that was true for me too.

I know! I've been gone and I'm terrible at posting. If you guys wanna know what's wrong... well, I had a little while ago - a guy who goes to my school - and I broke up with him. This was way before this story got big. Anyway, I recently realised that I love him and I also just found out that he loved me then but isn't so sure anymore. And so... I'm hopeful but I don't know if I'll be heartbroken or if I'll be really really happy. I guess I'll have to tell you when I know. 💜💜