Ninety-Seven

I opened the front door to my mother. She smiled and pulled me straight into a hug. "Hey, honey."

"Hey."

"Who is this lovely lady?" I heard Mrs. Brock from behind me. I turned to look at her.

"This is my mom." I introduced them.

"Hiya. I assume you're Colby's mom?"

"Yes, I am. How did you know?" the two women smiled at each other. My mom walked straight passed me as she spoke to Mrs. Brock. They're getting along at least. I shut the door and went back upstairs. Colby was lying with one hand behind his head and Sam and Kat were sat on the foot of the bed. 

"Your mom?" Sam asked. I nodded and sat down next to Colby. "Well, we're going to head out now so you can you know... tell them about the ring on your finger. Plus, it's nighttime anyway."

"Ok, see you Sam. Bye, Kat."

"Bye, guys. Good luck!"

"We actually have to tell our parents..." I mumbled.

"Hey." Colby pulled on my hand so that I'd look at him but I didn't. "Look at me, Octavia." he sighed, sitting up to sit opposite me and lifting my chin. "They're going to be happy about it. Both of them. Look at your hand." my eyes drifted to the ring sitting on my finger. "I. Love. You. And I love the tiny human being hidden in that baby bump of yours. You don't have to and shouldn't be nervous." I made eye contact with him, then. I felt my face soften. "That's better. Do you want to tell them tomorrow instead?"

"No. No, we can do it today." Colby smiled and leaned forward. 

"Really?" I heard Gage's voice and immediately laughed.

"Hi, Gage." I said. I got up with my new little burst of confidence.

"Hi, Octavia. Hi, Colby."

"Hi, bro. I need to talk to you, mom, dad, and Octavia's mom." we walked downstairs while Gage continually asked questions.

"Mom?" I called. She appeared in the doorway of the living room with Mrs. Brock.

"Yes?"

"We need to talk to you guys." I smiled as we walked into the room. Mr. Brock was in the same spot as yesterday. Colby held my left hand to temporarily hide the ring even though none of them had spotted it before now anyway.

"What is it, dear?" Mrs. Brock leaned forward on the couch as did Gage. I looked at Colby. He opened his mouth to say something but must have changed his mind as he held up our hands instead. He angled my hand so they could see the ring. My mom gasped while the others just looked surprised.

"Wait, for real?!" Gage sat up straight in surprise. I smiled and nodded. "Congrats!" Gage gave us both a hug. My mom was now in shock. Mrs. Brock gave me a hug, too, followed by Mr. Brock. 

"Mom?" she snapped out of her thoughts to give both of us a hug.

"I'm assuming Colby proposed?" Mr. Brock questioned. Colby nodded with his little cute smile.

"I'm proud of you, bro. You found a good one." Gage complimented. I smiled at him and felt myself relax. They really are happy about it. Telling them about the pregnancy is going to be harder to do, though.