Sixty-Three - Octavia

'I said you'd both regret that.' the words rang in my head. I crumpled the paper and threw it across the room in pure rage. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, texting Callum. He responded immediately. I stormed out of the house, Colby right behind me. "Where are you going?" he asked. I ignored him. He pulled on my arm. I whipped around.

"When I'm enraged is not a time to bug me," I snapped. He looked into my eyes. Part of me calmed down. "I'm going to the gang," I answered. "You can't come,"

"But..." I kissed him. In case it was the last time, I made it last at least a minute. 

"No, Colbs," then I got in my car and drove. He had no way of catching up to me. I burst into the building. All of the members saw my mood, put down their fags and drinks, walked over to the strategy table, and listened. "For the people that don't know. I have a daughter. Some ass wipe has had the not so smart idea of abducting her so we..."

"We're gonna get her back," Callum interrupted, coming through the door. "I want all resources, all members helping out here. This is gonna be a gang war. But we're gonna win. Get some weapons, go to the address we'll send to your phones. If Gracie, the girl, dies, you'll all have to pay,"

"Let's roll!" I yelled.

**********

We stormed in there. Members were ready, assuming what was coming. I looked around the room as my gang members opened fire on the other. No casualties on our end, many on theirs. I searched all of the rooms. the sixth one I walked into, I saw her. Gracie was laying on her side. She was asleep but she was tied up. A boy, looking about fourteen, stood beside her with his gun pointed at me. "I'm sorry," he said. "They made me do it. I only wanted to guard her..." he started, dropping the gun. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked. I looked at Gracie again. No injuries or anything. She looked perfectly fine except...!!! Her clothes were ripped in places.

"They... they made me rape her. I mean literally. They forcefully undressed me and then they undressed her then they pointed a gun at me. I had no choice. I'm sorry," he dropped to the floor. His regret was evident on his face. About a year ago I would've shot him right here but I didn't. Instead, I walked to my daughter, picking her up.

"Escape while you can, boy," I said. "Otherwise they'll have you for failing at your job," we made eye contact but I broke it by leaving. I was infuriated. By the time Gracie was in my car, I noticed Callum had shot most of the opposite members. He came and sat in the passenger seat, looking back at Gracie. I saw his face change. "They forced a fourteen-year-old boy do it," I explained. "They forced a fourteen-year-old boy to rape a five-year-old. Sick bastards,"

I pulled up to the guy's house. Though it wasn't as secure as it used to be, it was good enough for now. Callum was the one to pick Gracie up this time. We carried her to the couch she was taken from. Callum sat on watch next to her. I was about to find Colby upstairs but he ran down, engulfing me in an immediate hug.

"Did you find her?" he asked into my hair.

"Yes, she's on the couch," the rest of the roommates came down. I pulled away from Colby's hug. "They're sick," I said. 

"I know! Kidnapping a child!" Devyn exclaimed.

"Not just that," I shook my head. Colby looked over at Gracie. His face changed as Callum's had. 

"They..." I nodded.

"A fourteen-year-old," I said. Colby's jaw dropped.

"What are we missing?" Sam asked. 

"They got a fourteen-year-old to rape her!" Colby exclaimed. The other's jaws dropped.

"And he didn't want to either. They undressed him forcefully then pointed a gun at him. It's crazy, that's what it is. I'm glad we wiped pretty much all of them out," I explained.

"I'm sorry this happened to your daughter," Colby said. He hugged me again. Obviously, I accepted it. 

"Thanks, it means a lot," I smiled at him. 

"They ARE sick bastards," Corey said. He was frowning now. "I'm glad you got her back," I looked back at my daughter.

"Me too," I said, "me too."

**********

"Mommy?" Gracie's voice said. My head whipped to look at the couch, where my daughter was now sat up. I was on watch now and the other roommates were in the game room.

"Gracie!" I exclaimed. I immediately hugged her, lifting her from the couch and into the air. She giggled quietly. I spun her around once then pulled her a little further away from me so I could see her face. "How are you?" I asked.

"I'm great! Where is frien... friends!" she suddenly exclaimed as she looked over my shoulder. I turned around. The roommates must have heard us as they'd walked up to the entrance of the living room. I plopped her on the floor.

"Go say hi!" she hugged Colby first, unsurprisingly, then the rest of them in turn. Like she had when she met them the first time, she ran back to me. I knelt down to her level. "Do you remember what happened?" I looked into her eyes. She blinked a few times.

"Yes," she was suddenly sad. "I remember everything," a tear falls down her cheek. I wiped it away, smiling.

"No need to cry, you're safe now! All of your new friends are here and Uncy Cal is just out for a little bit. You'll be spending a lot more time with him, is that OK?" she nodded. "Good. What do you want to do?" I asked. She looked at the roommates but I wasn't sure which one.

"Movie!" she yelled. I chuckled.

"OK, Corey will take you to see the options, right Corey?" he smiled widely.

"Of freakin-course! Come this way!" Gracie ran after him as he rushed away from her. Colby walked over to me.

"You OK?" he asked.

"Over the moon," I replied. We smiled at each other as he held both of my hands. 

"I'm glad," he said.

"Yeah, we are too but we don't make heart eyes at each other!" Jake yelled. I laughed then looked away from Colby, hiding my face in his chest from the roommates. He wrapped his arms around me and I felt him rest his head on my shoulder. 

"Hey! Get away!" Gracie suddenly yelled. A small hand pulled mine away from Colby then dragged me to the game room. I laughed as Gracie basically pushed me down on the couch then sat beside me. "We watching Disney!" her mood changed drastically. I wonder what it was like to be able to do that. 

"Really? What movie?" I asked.

"Little Mermaid, duh," she giggled. "It my favourite remember!"

"Oh right, I do remember. I bought you those PJ's that one time,"

"I wear sometimes," Gracie said. Everyone else came into the room. Luckily, it was dark outside so when we had turned off most of the lights, it was perfect movie lighting. Callum came back just before we started it, taking Gracie to the beanbag to sit together. I immediately took the opportunity by snuggling into Colby. She didn't seem to notice. I watched the movie willingly, it wasn't often I'd actually watch Disney movies because I found them too childish but it's strange how that changes when a child is there with you to enjoy it. I could hear Gracie's giggles from the other side of the room and I could see the occasional smile Colby would let out at certain scenes. I was VERY comfortable, I didn't want to move AT ALL.

I'm doing something a little different for the next part but it is still a proper part!