Eighty-Six - Octavia

I woke up in bed with arms wrapped around me. I'd missed the comfort of a proper bed but, more importantly, I'd missed the person lying behind me. I rolled onto my back to stare at the ceiling of the apartment I'd missed. Sam's only next door and it's likely Kat will be with him. Jake's living in the same building. Corey and Aaron aren't that far away.

"Hey." Colby whispered to me. I turned my head to look at him.

"Hey. Can we call the Trap House over? I miss them all."

"Of course. Emily, Brandon, and Gracie are coming over later, too. Callum said he'd be with Faith for a bit but might come later on. The rest made sure not to have anything going on today." I smiled genuinely, something I'd also missed.

We both sat up at the same time, getting out of our bed. He went to shower while I forcefully brushed through my hair. 

Later in that day, we were opening the front door every few minutes. Sam, Kat, Corey, Devyn, Jake, Aaron, Emily, Brandon, Gracie, Callum, and Faith all come to the apartment. Emily, Brandon, and Gracie were the last to arrive.

"Mommy!" Gracie had yelled excitedly just before she'd jumped on me. I wrapped my arms around her in a hug. She'd never squeezed me so tight.

"Hey, Gracie." I placed her on the floor and she saw everyone else, who had awed expressions on their faces.

"Hey, idiothead." Jake greeted my little girl. 

"Poopypants." she regarded him and sat down on the floor in front of the girls. I said hello to Emily and Brandon as well before closing the door behind them.

"I'll be one second, guys." I walked to Colby and I's room, lying down on the bed to stare at the ceiling. I rested both of my hands on my stomach.

I heard the door close then someone sat down next to me. I opened the eyes I didn't realize I'd closed to see Kat. She was looking down at me with a smile. "Why'd you come in here? Do you need a break already because that's a world record." I laughed at her and sat up.

"No, not really. Just nervous, I guess." I shrugged as she slung her arm around my shoulders.

"Girl, you've known us over a year, no need to be nervous. Come on, let's go back." I smiled at her and nodded, following her to the main room. Colby was sat with his arm over the back of the couch so I sat in the space next to him.

"You ok?" he whispered in my ear. I nodded no matter how much of a lie it is.

"Should we all go to the mall?" Devyn suggested. "I want to get my nails done." I partly smiled at her and we all stood up. Colby, Gracie, Callum, and I went in Colby's car while the others spread over their cars. We were there in minutes, despite the traffic.

Devyn and Kat were getting their nails done while the rest of us were next door. We could see them through the glass windows. I was paranoid and didn't even know why. "You guys want some coffee?" I offered the girls when they got to the table.

"Yes, please. Thanks, Octavia." Kat replied for both of them. I simply got up to go to the counter. While I was waiting for the orders, I noticed a guy watching my group, more specifically, Gracie. He slowly looked at me and I recognized his eyes. He walked up to me, attracting Colby and Callum's attention.

"Hello, Octavia." I gulped.

"Hello, Jay." oh shit...