Seventy-Four - Callum

I was at the hospital in a millisecond. Colby and I were the ones sitting stressed out as we couldn't go in and see her. She was getting some of her bones fixed and stitches and just generally getting cleaned up. Colby brushed his fingers through his hair nervously as I tapped my foot against the floor. He was good for her. He cared about her so much. 

"Mr. Rowland?" a nurse asked. I bounced up, and so did Colby.

"Yes? Can I see her?" I asked.

"Um, yes. The family only," the nurse took a glance at Colby.

"He goes with me. If you ask her, she'd say he has to go in," I said. The nurse stared at me blankly for a few moments. Then she sighed.

"OK, this way," she led us to a door. "She's awake but she's not in good condition," she informed. We both nodded as she opened the door for us. Octavia laid on the bed in front of me. You could see the bulky bandages under the thin sheets. You could see the stitches on her lip and eyebrow. You could see the bruises covering her. 

"Octavia?" Colby asked. Her eyes locked on him. A sparkle suddenly appeared in them.

"Colbs," she mumbled. He walked to the side of the bed. She looked up at him. "You shouldn't be here. I look terrible," he chuckled.

"You look absolutely fine, Octavia. Beautiful even,"

"There's something wrong with your eyes," both of them smiled. The look they gave each other. She was lucky she found him and vice versa. I had no doubt they'd last a while if not till death. "I missed you," a sadness overwhelmed her suddenly.

"I missed you, too," his hand was placed on her arm. It traced down to her hand, which he held. "Callum's here, too," he said. Octavia locked eyes with me.

"Hey, bro," she said.

"Hi. Sorry, I didn't want to interrupt the moment," I said. She lightly smiled.

"It's OK," her eyes looked back at Colby. They stared at each other. I sat down in a chair. A few seconds later, a little five-year-old with her familiar long brown hair ran into the room. 

"Mom!" she exclaimed. She ran to the side of the bed. "Are you OK?" she asked.

"Better than what I could be," well, true, I guess.