One Hundred and Twenty-Four

"Hi, Mrs. Brock." I said when she opened the door. She just smiled at me and welcomed me inside.

"Hi, sweetie. Where's Colby?" she asked as she led me into the living room. My daughter laid asleep in a mini crib.

"He's just at home: not much sleep from filming a video." I explained. Mr. and Mrs. Brock immediately offered to look after Rose if we did any overnights while my mom would look after her during the day if we needed it. I checked for the stuff I'd given them.

"It's in the kitchen, Tave. Don't be so worried." Mrs. Brock placed a light hand on my shoulder. "I have a feeling you've been stressing too much." I looked over at my daughter; sleeping peacefully still.

"Sometimes, yeah. Colby's really helping, though. You have a seriously amazing son."

"And he has a seriously amazing wife, Octavia." I finally looked at her as she simply smiled. "And Rose has seriously amazing parents." she comforted me from most of my worries instantly.

"Thanks but I'm a bit tired so do you mind if I just grab her and her bag and go, please?" Mrs. Brock walked to the kitchen so I gently picked Rose up in a lying down position even though she'd probably be woken up by being put in the car seat.

"I'll carry this for you." she whispered and headed out the front door. I followed closely behind with my daughter still fast asleep. While Mrs. Brock put the bag in the passenger seat, I put Rose in the car seat. Surprisingly, she wasn't woken up by it... meaning I had to close the door without waking her.

"Thank you for taking care of her. There weren't any problems or anything?"

"No, no! She's a lovely child. Thank you for letting us babysit her." we hugged.

"Well, I'll see you soon."

"See you soon, sweetheart." Mrs. Brock went back up to the rented house's front door where she stood in wait for me to disappear. And I definitely did. I went straight back home to a quiet, empty apartment. To match the noise level, I snuck into the baby's room to put her down in her crib. She still had about an hour before she needs to be fed again, according to Mrs. Brock. For the time being, I put the bag down on the floor and headed into the bedroom. 

Colby was laid facing away from my side of the bed. After the overnight, we had to sleep, so since I can last longer with less sleep I decided to pick Rose up. I quickly changed into a tank top and underwear and slipped into bed. I closed my eyes even though I could hear shuffling. A few seconds later, Colby pulled me right to him with his arms around my waist. I snuggled into him as requested.

"You get Rose?" he mumbled tiredly.

"Go to sleep and yes, I did." he kissed my temple then all went quiet until I was long gone in a deep sleep.

When I woke up, everything was exactly the same. Everything completely silent. That's what happens when your baby doesn't cry that often. Feeling awake and refreshed, I sat myself up and quickly went on my phone. Colby still laid asleep beside me. When I saw the time, I knew Rose would want feeding soon so I got out of bed, put on a pair of shorts, and walked into the baby's room.

I was putting Rose back into her crib when Colby walked in. He looked a hell of a lot more awake compared to when we got back not that long ago. "Welcome back to consciousness." I smiled at him and kissed his cheek. "I was gonna go to the gym... mind watching Rose?"

"She's my daughter, too, Octavia." Colby replied, making me facepalm.

"Right. Sorry."

"It's ok. Let me know when you leave, though, please?"

"Of course."