Ninety-Two

"So, did he do it?" Callum asked me. I'd been engaged for three days already. No one else had noticed... somehow. I knew Kat's dying to talk to someone about it.

"Yes, he did." I held up my left hand for Callum and Faith.

"Awe, congratulations! Callum told me he'd asked for permission first." Faith told me. I smiled and nodded, dropping my hand again.

"Today's the day we tell everyone else, too. Not including parents, though, so not a word to mom." I warned Callum. He smirked slightly but nodded anyway.

"Question: what's happening with you and the gang?" Callum sat down on my couch. Colby's editing in his office and no one else is here minus these two.

"That's actually something I want to talk about. Um, so, I'm not going back." Callum put on his emotionless face.

"I guess I understand. I need to find a new second-in-command, then." I smiled and pointed at Faith.

"Me?!"

"My last request, Callum. I think it'd be good for both of you since you're so close anyway." Faith's grin was wide as she looked at my brother. 

"I like that idea. Faith? Will you be my second-in-command?"

"Of course." I smiled at them both. "Have you told your daughter that you're not going to have the same surname anymore?" I shook my head then heard the front door. All of our heads turned to see Sam walk in like this is his apartment.

"Hey, guys." he said, heading towards Colby's office.

"Editing?" I called after him.

"Yup!" he yelled back at me. Faith laughed while I rolled my eyes playfully.

"It's like he lives here." I sighed but couldn't help my smile at the end. "Actually, I need to invite Corey, Devyn, Jake, and Aaron over later so that I can tell them. And Emily, Brandon, and Gracie."

"Should we do that while your fiance and ex-roommate edit?" Callum asked.

"Ex-roommate?"

"And friend." Callum rolled his eyes.

"Better. And yes, that sounds good. Hopefully, everyone's free."

"Girl, anyone would cancel their plans for you!" Faith exclaimed. As Corey, Devyn, and Aaron were already together at McDonald's, I invited Jake, Emily, Brandon, and Gracie to meet us there. Callum and Faith decided to leave to go somewhere they wouldn't tell me so I went into my room to get changed. 

I pulled on a loose, flowy black off the shoulder shirt and black skinny jeans. I then fixed all of my hair onto one side and drew my eyebrows and put on mascara. By the time I'd done this, Jake said he was already there while Emily was two minutes away, maximum. I rushed into Colby's office, standing behind him and wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

"You going out?" Sam asked me. I nodded and pulled Colby's head back to kiss his lips.

"Be back soon. Oh, and I'm telling everyone that I have a fiance." Colby smiled at the word.

"Ok, see you later, babe."

"Bye, babe, bye, Sam."

"Bye, Octavia." I got into my car, receiving a text that Emily, Brandon, and Gracie were at the McDonald's and that they're waiting on me. I pulled up next to Corey's car. Surprising that there are even any spaces. Inside, I could see everyone sitting at a booth. Over just a few days, I'd gotten into the habit of messing with the ring when I'm bored or if I'm nervous. I had to stop that before anyone saw me.

"Octavia!" Emily announced happily.

"Mom!" Gracie jumped quickly down from her seat to hug me. "You ok? Ooo shiny!" she spotted the ring. Her remark made the others look at my ring. Devyn gasped loudly, attracting attention.

"Hi, Gracie, thanks for ruining my surprise." I laughed and walked closer to the table.

"Is that an engagement ring, missy?" Jake raised his eyebrows. I laughed and nodded.

"He proposed?" Emily asked completely shocked. She's normally so quiet.

"Yes, he proposed, Emily." Gracie had sat back down by now and Brandon was staring at my hand still. 

"Congratulations!" I got hugs from everyone in the group.

"Who else knows?" Devyn asked.

"Um, Sam, Kat, Callum, and Faith. Kat saw the ring then told Sam and I told Callum this morning, Faith just joined him." I explained. 

Shortly after, Sam and Kat joined us. I was told that Colby had gone to Brennen's and that he wouldn't be coming. That was fine with me. I spent another half hour with everyone before I went home. 

Are you guys enjoying the shorter, more to the point parts? I hope so because I like them and it means I can get parts out faster.