Chapter 4

"Huh? You want to see my house? But..."

"Ah, I was wondering if you have a temporary one here in Japan at the moment," I said. "You know."

"Oh." Lovino shrugged. "Yeah, a small apartment. Why?"

"I just wanted to see it," I replied. "And maybe we could study, too. Unless you want to do it at my house, but it's crowded with my parents, cousin, and siblings."

Lovino cringed. "No thanks. You can come over to mine after school, dammit. I honestly don't give a shit."

I grinned. "Thanks."

"Alright, then, I'll meet you there at 4:30 PM. Here's the address, don't lose it, or else I will fucking kill you."

--

"Hm?"

I held onto the basket of food that Clarisse had packed for me. "Lovino, it's Antonio."

"Oh. Come in, then, bastard."

He's good at welcoming people, too.

I walked into the apartment, and raised my eyebrows. "It's so clean..."

"Yeah, I only just got here a few days ago, dammit," Lovino sighed. I pointed to his face.

"You wear glasses?"

"Yeah, when I read and do homework and shit," he replied.

Ah...

He looks kinda cute...

Or maybe I'm just not used to seeing him wear glasses.

Oh, well. We've only known each other for a month, after all.

I can't believe it's already been a month since school started, though. Time flies.

Oh, but I'm just glad that it's Friday~

"A-Anyway, my room's here," Lovino said, pointing to a door beside him. "We can study in there."

I grinned. "Yay~"

"Stop acting like a fucking child. Aren't you supposed to be seventeen or something?"

"Not yet. My birthday is in February...the 12th."

"Still. Whatever, come in already, bastard!!"

--

POV (Lovino)

--

"It never occurred to me that you're a freshman. I thought that you were older!"

His words from the other day have been sticking in my head for a while, and I don't get why.

And whenever I'm alone, his voice and face are all that pops into my brain.

...

...Dammit!!

What the fuck?! We've only just met a few days ago! We can't be friends now!!

The weird thing is, I'm already friends with Alfred, but I don't feel the same way around him. Whenever I'm with Antonio, I feel kind of...I don't know...

...Happy?

N-No, that's not it, dammit...

...Relaxed? Not angry?

Whatever it is, he feels a little like family, but different to the family back home.

Back in...my home.

I shuddered at the thought, and brushed it away.

It's probably because he's the first person other than my brother who genuinely accepts and cares about me. I've only known him for a little while, but I can feel that his kindness is real, unlike the kindness that of my relatives back at home.