Chapter 49

Song: Hitorijime

Artist: Hinata Megumi (GUMI)

Link to song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ot6mRjt80M

--

More and more and more, 

I'm becoming greedy and spoiled. 

From the way it's going, I want to lock you up tight. 

I made up my mind at the mere sight and thought of you.

I want to stay like this next to you for even just a bit longer 

I wonder if there isn't a terrible traffic jam somewhere 

I love you so much that the brakes won't work anymore.

--

My breath hitched, as I plunged inside of him.

"Lovino..."

He looks up, and hugs me tightly. "I love you."

I thrust my tongue inside of his mouth, allowing my fingers to be entangled in his hair.

I hold him close, but my thrusts stop -- when I suddenly hear a sob.

"Lovi?" I move back. His hands are slightly covering his face, but he's clearly crying.

"A-Antonio..."

Immediately, I pull out. "Are you okay? Am I hurting you?"

"No..." he sobs. "I...I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

"We recovered quickly from The Day, right? It wasn't for no reason."

"What?" I'm confused.

He removes his hands from his face, and glances back up at me. "It was Arthur. He did a spell on us shortly after we passed out -- so that our wounds would heal in a matter of only two weeks."

Arthur...

...He did that for us?

"It wasn't because we were recovering...that I didn't want to have sex with you," Lovino continues. "It wasn't."

"Then why?" I'm slightly hurt.

Lovino bursts into a fit of sobs again. "B-Because...I'm scared. I know we've done this multiple times before. But I've been tormented half of my life, Antonio. The Day will always traumatize me. We were raped. And I had recently had a nightmare in which you raped me. I'm...I'm sorry, Antonio. I..."

He covers his face again.

"Lovino."

He looks up.

"Sit up."

He does as I say, and before he could speak, I throw my arms around him. Tears roll down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry," I whisper. "I'm sorry for constantly asking you -- even if you clearly weren't comfortable at the time."

Lovino is still crying, but I feel his hands grip onto my back.

I'm shaking. "Lovino, you know I would never--"

"I know!! I'm stupid!!" he screams. "I'm stupid, so fucking stupid. Why in the hell would you ever do something like that to me in real life?! Why?! Why did I..."