Chapter 41

*WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SCENES OF TORTURE/ANGST/DESCRIPTIONS OF GORE. PLEASE READ WITH CAUTION OR ABORRRTTTTT IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THIS.*

--

--

POV (Antonio)

--

"Antonio. Wake up."

I open my eyes – it's 1:35 AM. Lovino is hovering above me. His expression is somewhat frantic, scared, and solemn all at the same time.

"We need to go."

"Where?" I cock my head to the side.

"The Underworld." He's wearing a suit. No, not a suit...some weird clothes.

Oh my God.

The Underworld.

"Don't I need to change too?" I ask. He shakes his head.

"No. I have to get dressed, because I'm the prince."

"Okay." I hold his hand tightly, trembling a little.

He looks at me. "Be brave, darling."

"I should be telling you that." I give a faint chuckle, and kiss the top of his head.

"We're going now. I'll transport us there. Feliciano will meet us there, too, with Ludwig."

It's nice that for once, he hasn't referred to Feli's boyfriend as 'the potato bastard'. But now's not the time for those kinds of thoughts.

I've never seen Lovino this serious before, though.

But I still squeeze his hand. "I'll be with you."

Biting his lip, he nods as he recites the spell to transport us.

--

I open my eyes, not realizing that I'm still hugging him tightly.

"This is...this is it?" I ask. Lovino nods, grimacing a little.

"Yep. Welcome to the shitty shitstorm fuckhole which is the Underworld."

Usually, I would encourage him not to speak vulgarly. In this case, I can't do anything but agree with him. The place is terrible.

Also...the air sucks.

No – literally. I've never been exposed to such a humid place. The sky is red – almost a brown sort of color. And...I can smell smoke.

"Someone is being burned alive," Lovi says. "I've seen all of these things throughout my childhood."

I'm horrified. "Shit."

"Shit indeed."

Feliciano is standing behind us. Clearly, he had been crying for a long time. His eyes were red, his face stained with tears. The same went for Ludwig.

He burst into tears, allowing himself to fall into his elder brother's arms. "Lovi..."

Lovino held Feli tightly, kissing his cheek. "Fratello, it'll be over soon. Before you know it, it'll begin. But before you know it, it'll be over."

Ludwig looks down at me and sighs. "When I started dating Feliciano – before he had revealed to me the true nature of himself...I had never thought that things would come to this."

"Me neither," I replied. "It's a bit scary...no, extremely terrifying, but it'll be okay."

And then I did the unexpected – I gave him a hug.