Chapter 62

"Hello?"

I snort, and put the phone down.

"Who was it?" Antonio asks.

I shrug. "Damn telemarketers."

"Lovi...."

"Fine, fine," I groan. "Arthur."

"Then...I hate to say this, but you'd better call him again, Lovino."

"Ugh."

As the phone rings again, I give another sigh and pick it up. "What?"

"It's about Prince Satsujin."

"...Who?"

A scoff comes from the other end of the line. "Tsk, tsk. You really don't know? Mr. Chris."

"Well, nobody knows what the hell his last name is, dammit!!"

"Actually, it's technically not his last name. Satsujin is of Japanese descent, therefore--"

"Yeah, yeah, it's his surname," I mutter under my breath. "We get it, dammit. Shut up already."

"You'd better talk to him tomorrow," Arthur sighs. "Please do hurry. He already knows about you."

"Cool. Not like I give a fucking shit."

--

"What the fuck's the point," I mutter as I enter the room.

Mr. Chris raises his eyebrows. "Just because you know that I'm much more than just your teacher doesn't mean you have the right to mess around with formalities."

"...Huh?" I'm confused. He clears his throat.

"Language, Lovino."

"Ugh. Give me a fucking break. Just tell me what's going on."

"Arthur told you?" Mr. Chris asks. I nod, and he pulls out a photo from his pocket. "Do you remember this, Lovino?"

My eyes widen, and I soon realize that I'm shaking. The photo is from the day my parents were killed. In the photo, there are multiple people wounded, some dead, lying on the floor. Many people wielded weapons. It was a full shot of the outside of our house -- my parents attempting to hide us from the ongoing chaos. Nearby sat two dogs, and two small boys -- twins, about the ages of five or six.

"This is..." Bewildered, I stare at the photo in silence. How did he get a photo of this?

"The photo was from Romulus," he says. "Your grandfather. He gave it to me before his physical body died, and said that you and your brother deserve to see it."

"Then you..." My finger hovers over to the two dogs beside the little twin boys. "You're...that one, over there?"

Mr. Chris says nothing, but gives a subtle nod.

"Then...is King also...Mr. Jones...is he..." I stare at the other dog beside the one who was supposed to be Mr. Chris.

He sighs. "Jones is...different. When we met, it was a very long time ago -- centuries, actually. I'm only young now because Jones and I like to time travel, but we've decided to stay in this time period. But he's different, because when we met, our worlds were unified. I was a small child -- the supposed heir after Arthur's father. I was the prince of the Underworld -- hell, and Jones was the heir -- the prince, of his own world."