Chapter 45

Song: Jewelry (Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card ending song)

Artist: Hayami Saori

Link to song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wcdpiybP2g

--

It's okay 

Believing is power 

It's a little embarrassing now 

But we know it 

Yes, deep inside this heart 

Is a shining jewelry 

You give me courage

--

As soon as we arrived at my house, the entire place erupted with yelling and shrieks of greetings towards my boyfriend. They really are too fond of him.

I rushed Lovino to my room, where we could be alone for as long as we wanted.

He shuts the door behind us, and grins at me. "Your family is weird."

"I know, right?"

We both laugh, and he hugs me.

"Hey, you know how you asked about if I'd be going back to the Underworld anytime soon? And I said no?" Lovi looks up at me, and I nod. He shrugs. "Well, I'll be going back just for a moment -- in a few days. I think you know why."

I sigh. "Your grandfather."

He bit his lip, nodding. "Yeah."

"I didn't know they held funerals in the Underworld."

"They don't. They were supposed to burn his soul, but he's been an important part of the Underworld for a very long time. They're just gonna cremate his body to ashes, but his soul will remain."

The tiniest bit of hope flickers in my chest. "So..."

"Yes." Lovino's smiling a little. "I can communicate with him in a way. Just not too often. At all. The next time I'll talk to him will probably be in about eight years or so."

"Damn." I raise my eyebrows. "That's...intense."

He chuckles. "I don't think 'intense' is the right word for it, but okay."

"I can't come with you?" I ask. Lovino sighs.

"I wish I could say you could, but I don't want Christine to kill you or anything, so I'm not gonna take any chances," he replies. "But I promise I'll be back as soon as possible, dammit."

"That's good~" I lie down on the bed. Lovi lies beside me, and wraps his arms around my body.

"Kiss," he whispers. I gladly complied, and locked lips with him.

"Can I be honest?" I ask.

"Go ahead."

"I feel like I'd be the person someone would least expect to get a boyfriend as beautiful as you."

Lovi smirks. "Flattery will get you nowhere."

"Oh, so that's why you're grinning like that?" I poke his cheek.

"Ahh, you dumbass!!'

"Ahahahahahahahaha~"

We both go silent at the sound of a knock on the door.

"Can I come in?"

I let out a sigh. "It's just my mom."

Lovino grins. "Good to see she knows how to knock now, dammit."