Chapter 22

"Ew."

Lovino grimaced, looking at his naked reflection in the mirror. "Why'd we have to fall asleep right after we had sex, dammit?"

"Well, we were tired," I mumbled, getting out of bed. "By the way, how's your butt? Does it still hurt?"

When Lovi sat up in bed this morning, I was awakened by a loud, ear-shattering scream.

His butt hurt from yesterday, and so now, I'm actually pretty concerned for him.

Well, I'm concerned for him all the time, but still!

He winced. "I'll be alright. It still hurts a little, but not as much as earlier, dammit."

Since yesterday was our first time, even though it was noon, we ended up sleeping right after we did it. And when I say 'sleeping', I mean sleeping.

We slept throughout the entire day.

"I'm going to go and take a shower," he grumbled. He looked back. "You coming?"

My eyes glittered in excitement. Shower with my husband-but-not-husband-and-not-engaged-to-and-actually-boyfriend after sex?

"Si~!!"

--

Lovi sighed. "You know what? I just realised something."

"Hm?"

"Yesterday, we just had sex out of the blue. It wasn't planned."

I shrugged. "Eh. That happens with a lot of couples."

"Yeah, but..." His hazel eyes shifted around in annoyance. "We did it right after we had a shower."

"Hygiene!" I said, grinning.

Lovino scowled. "That's not the point!! The shower was pointless! And we spent most of our time making out and giving each other little hugs and kisses while whispering sweet nothings in each other's ear BEFORE we actually started cleaning up! Do you realise how much my water bill must've skyrocketed yesterday?"

Oops.

I forgot that we're staying at HIS place, not mine.

...Oh, man.

I'd make a terrible husband, wouldn't I?"

Lovino glared at me. "What, are you trying to gain sympathy with puppy-dog eyes? Uh-uh. I don't think so, sweetheart. This is my fucking water bill we're talking about. I'm gonna have millions of DEBTS to worry about, dammit. Fucking hell."

Ah, I pissed him off...

Again...

He sighed. "God, now I sound like an angry wife in her 30s, dammit..."

Yeah, you do.

Not that it's a bad thing to me, really.

"Darling, I know it's not your fault. I'm sorry." His gaze lowered to mine. "I'm just stressed, okay?"

"You're in high school," I retorted. "You don't need to be this stressed all the time. I thought you said that you'd leave the Underworld behind."

Lovino nodded. "Yeah. I'm sorry, okay?"

I smiled. "I forgive you. Now let's get dressed, before we get lost in ourselves and end up repeating yesterday's scenario!"

--

"...Um. What are you doing?"

"Ah, I promised Clarisse that I'd record a TikTok video for her—"