Chapter 66

The following day was a weekend, and Antonio had stopped texting me since then. He'd been offline the entire day, too.

I'm actually a little worried.

I open up my phone, and shoot him a quick text.

'can you come over today?'

--

As soon as I open the door, I rush to give my boyfriend a hug.

"I'm sorry," I sigh. "Are you okay?"

Antonio nods, a little stunned. "Yeah. I was a little sad, but it's okay. I think I'd better explain the relationship me and Arthur had years ago, ahaha..."

"Cool," I sigh, propping myself onto the sofa. "Explain."

He sits beside me. "I...well, he and I started dating, but it didn't work out. You see, I was only fourteen, and he started to...develop feelings for me? I don't know, but it wasn't real love, and it was actually really abusive, so..."

I squeeze his hand. "I'm sorry. I thought too much of it, I guess."

"You really did," he laughs. "But that's okay. You just scared me a little -- as much I scared you."

"But I'm still your first? Your first real love?"

"Ahahaha, of course you are."

"You're so damn stupid."

"I love you too, Lovino."

--

"Karaoke?"

Clarisse smirks. "The main reason why I was thrilled about going to school here in Japan was the fact that karaoke actually originated here. I thought it'd be cool to do it, hmm?"

"We've already done karaoke before," I complain. "I can't sing."

"Lies," Feliciano retorts. "Your voice is really cool!!"

I slam my head on the desk, and Satsu glances down at me and grins. "You guys are doing karaoke? Why, Jones and I--"

"No one cares," I interrupt. "Leave me aloneeeeeeeeee."

Antonio hugs me. "Aww, don't be like that!! You know, we--"

"Aaaaaarrruuugggghhhh."

"Hmmm?"

"I wanna go home!!"

"You guys are lucky we allowed your group to have lunch with us in the classroom," Jones mumbles. "For discussing the demon thing, of course. By the way, Lovino, have you had any more dreams lately?"

I raise my head from the desk. "Huh? Dreams? Yeah, uh, last night I dreamt that Antonio was on top of me, and he--"

"Dreams about the future, stupid," Clarisse points out, flicking my forehead. "You're dumb."

"I was only k-kidding," I lie. "Yeah, I had...one."

"One?" Alfred roars in laughter. "One???"

"Oi, fuck off. Yeah, I was about to be sentenced to death in the Underworld. Nothing more."

Antonio puts a hand to his mouth. "Lovi--"

"It's not a big deal, though. We just need to do something to stop it, I guess."