Chapter 59

"They really do think I'm not a guy," Lovino sighs, as soon as we get home.

I ruffle his hair. "You can just ignore them. They're just people who have nothing to do."

Lovino stares at me. "I wouldn't mind being a girl for a day, you know."

There's a perplexed look on his face, and he looks as if he's lost for words.

And now I feel bad. I put my hand over his, and look up at him. "Darling, I know how you feel--"

"But being a girl sucks anyway, doesn't it?" he sighs. "Never mind."

...He's not wrong. Clarisse's constant mood swings (especially when it's 'that time of the month') irritate me. It's annoying, but I know that there are definitely more cons than pros when it comes to being a girl.

"I'm gonna sleep," Lovino sighs. "We have school tomorrow, don't we?"

I raise an eyebrow. "...No. No, we don't."

"Huh??? But...they said..."

"Everyone just forgot."

Lovino groans. "Fucking hell. School is breaking down our mental health systems bit by bit, and we know it."

"I know, darling. But I'll be here if you need me, okay?"

"Ugh. Anyway, I wanted to ask you something, dammit."

I smile. "Of course."

"Is...is it annoying? That I cry all the time?"

Immediately, I stop smiling. Lovi tosses his shirt across the room, without a single word.

"Why are you asking me this?" I ask. "Are you alright? I mean, I know you have those dreams and all, but..."

"No, it's alright," he sighs. "Just stop always asking me about it."

"Oh. Okay."

He shuts the light off, and I sigh, getting into bed. "You aren't gonna sleep with me?"

"Not tonight. I need to think for a bit." Lovino turns away from me, and walks over to his side of the dorm room. "Night."

I nod. "Night."

But I can't sleep.

Not a single sound can be heard across our room, except for the sound of Lovino's soft yet sharp breaths. He's crying, but he's trying to keep quiet from me.

My heart aches just from hearing him.

A few minutes later, the room goes completely silent again, and I can tell that he's finally fallen asleep.

I know he said not to bother him about it, but I still get up from bed.

I'm standing beside his bed. His pillow is stained with tears. I sit down beside him, and then I lie down, my arms around him.

--

My eyes flutter open, only to find--

...

...........

............a slender and very busty woman, lying next to me, with her arms over my chest.

...Oh, my God.

...Lovino's going to kill me...

...He's going to kill me if he finds out I'm having dreams like this! (I'm sorry, Lovi!!)

The girl opens her eyes, and sits up. Her dark brown hair is long and wavy, and she's wearing a short, very revealing black dress. (Is she even wearing a bra?!)