Chapter 5

--

POV (Lovino)

--

...I think he's gay.

He's definitely not straight, that's for sure – but it just increases my chances of succeeding when I confess to him.

If he accepts, then it'll probably take a while before our relationship takes off. But that's okay.

But!!

Valentine's Day is tomorrow, and I have to act fast.

Tomorrow, girls will be swarming everywhere, receiving gifts from boys, and going out on dates.

Tomorrow, I'm going to ask Antonio out on a date.

A-Actually, I'm going to ask him today. I'm actually planning to do it right now, dammit.

I was stupid enough to have forgotten that his birthday was yesterday.

And I want to give back to him, after all the thing's he's done for me.

He always stuck around with me.

Even if it got pretty goddamn annoying, he would always talk to me.

And I love him for it.

...

...Fuck, I'm blushing again.

But now's my chance. It's just the two of us, nobody around.

In my room.

My dull room.

But we're still alone together, so that's okay.

"A-Antonio?"

He looked back at me, a smile on his face, as usual. "What is it, Lovi?"

I blushed again at the nickname and shrugged. "U-Uhm, do you want to go out somewhere tomorrow? Just to relieve the stress, you know, from the goddamn assignments we're receiving and the annoying assholes in our grades..."

Antonio grinned. "Really? Where do you want to go?"

"T-T-T-T-T-The..."

Fuck, I haven't even picked a place yet.

"Oh, you haven't chosen yet? I was actually going to ask you if you'd like to go to the amusement park with me."

Oh.

That's much better than what I was about to say.

So much fucking better.

That's...such a cute date idea, though.

...Ehehehe...

"Sure," I said, keeping the scowl on my face. At 10:45 AM?"

"We're roommates anyway, so if one of us sleeps in, we can just drag them out of bed~"

I snorted. "Seriously, Antonio. You could just jump on them."

"That would kill one of us, and then the date wouldn't happen," Antonio replied, trying not to laugh.

"Hm," I said. "Good point."

"So it's settled. 10:45 AM tomorrow, at the amusement park?"

"Deal."

--

- VALENTINE'S DAY –

--

I grinned, looking over at the bed on the other side of the room. He's still asleep.