008 || finally

•••

•••

"Oi. Grace. Did you finish your course work?" Dalia shouted from her bedroom, the familiar sounds of her reorganising her furniture (she did this at least once every month) originating from her room.
"Just finishing it now, why?" I called back, typing furiously on my laptop.
"How long till you're a certified nurse?"
"Well this is only my second year" I laughed "fourth year med students have to do a term at a hospital so I have a long way to go"
"Okay - but like say I needed you to do something for me -"
"What did you do?" I asked, exasperation slipping into my tone.

She opened her door tentatively, showing me her hand. A massive splinter stuck out of her palm like a needle in a cushion.
"How the fuck did you do that?"
"I don't know but it hurts" she whined, sitting down at the kitchen counter with a pout on her lips.
"I can take it out - you do know you don't need a bloody nurse to get rid of a wood chip"
"Whatever. Just perform the surgery"

I rolled my eyes at her dramatics, boiling some water to clean a needle and tweezers.
"See? This is what I mean, it's a mini surgery!" She cried, pointing at the tweezers "you've got all of your tools!"
I snorted in disbelief "they're tweezers you numbskull. I literally just need to pull it out of you hand. The needle is for if a small part is stuck, you just need to push it out"
"It hurts" she groaned, flinging her head back.
"Oh my poor baby" I cooed, cooling off the now clean tweezers "however will you live"

With one fluid motion, the splinter was out.
"It hurts" she fake-wept, not realising it was out yet "it's stabbed my hand"
"Mhm" I hummed, chucking the splinter away and putting the tweezers back.
"I think I'm dying - call it"
"Yep"
"Why aren't you helping me woman! I'm in agony"
"Look at your hand" I chuckled, shaking my head at her childish behaviour
"It's gone! Oh you absolute gem!" She squealed, giving me a hug before rushing back into her room.
"Yeah, you're welcome" I muttered sarcastically, turning on Netflix as I leapt onto the sofa.

•••

"I'm going out again, okay? Finish your assignment missy - no more procrastination"
"Yes mother" I droned, not moving my eyes from the TV screen. Dalia sent me the middle finger before leaving the apartment.

A few minutes later, a knock was heard on the door. I rolled my eyes, assuming that Dalia had left her keys again, and went to let her in.
"You should just attach the keys to yo-"
I stopped mid sentence as I looked up and saw Clint standing in the door way.
"What about keys?" He smirked, amused at my shocked expression.
"I thought you were Dalia - hey weren't you supposed to be gone for like 3 weeks?"
"Turns out it was for one - no more lonely wine nights for you ma'am" he winked, leaning against the door frame suggestively.
"Lucky me" I grinned, moving aside to let him into the apartment, closing the door behind him.

"So -"
I was cut off by Clint pushing me against the wall and pressing his lips on mine. Smiling at the sudden gesture, I kissed back with equal vigour, running my fingers up and down his toned arms.
"You - seemed - to - have - missed me" I breathed in between breaths, receiving a grunt in response as he lifted me up. I let out a squeal of surprise, wrapping my legs around his torso for stability, my back still pressed against the wall. As the kiss deepened, I ran my fingers through his hair, sometimes slightly scraping the back of his neck with my nails.

By this point we were both, for lack of a better phrase, extremely turned on.

"I've been waiting to do this for a week" Clint murmured, moving me off of the wall and walking towards my bedroom.
"Wait" I said, causing him to stop in his tracks.
"Is everything okay-?"
I cut him off before he could continue, reaching up to his ear and removing the earpiece, chucking it on the sofa.
"No distractions this time" I grinned, before pulling him back into another kiss. He chuckled against my lips, bursting into my room and all-but throwing me onto the bed.

You can guess what happened next.